Will This Do It?

Tarlo Farm
500 post plus club

Will This Do It?

Postby Tarlo Farm » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:31 pm

Will the lies on tape, the lives unnecessarily lost, the continued economic loss due to not handling the virus correctly in the beginning be enough?
WHAT in the HELL is the matter with his supporters????

Briarwood
Novice

Re: Will This Do It?

Postby Briarwood » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:46 pm

Unfortunately, it will not. The white supremacist groups that he has supported and promoted still stand with him. Those in his base who still drink the koolaid (and even bathe in it I believe) are still with him. The chicago police department union just endorsed him. Those who have benefited financially, while others have lost their jobs, are still with him. And don't forget that he continues to hold rallies that expose his cult members to the virus and the cult still shows up. The elected republicans who continue to stand behind him and spread his lies play a role in his continued popularity. I never thought I would see a president and his administration support the genocide of citizens of this country. And if/when he looses in November, I am truly worried about what he will do in his last days in office.

Tanga
500 post plus club

Postby Tanga » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:56 pm

No. They are evil. They do no care. The evil people are getting rich and powerful, and the stupid people are so stupid they are supporting the rich. This has taught that there ARE stupid, evil people in this country and we NEED to see them. I think that there are FAR more good people, and this will make us all stand up for right and do something about the evil, who will hopefully die off.

I am SO anxious and stressed by this, though, and I think everyone good is. This is hard. But, we know who all the good people are and support each other. 100% with you Briarwood, as to the damage he will do after Nov. 3 WHEN he looses. He WILL, but how much cheating and lying will he die to make it not so, and who will support it and try to make it happen?

khall
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby khall » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:15 pm

They are blaming the Democratic Governors. Never mind if Trump has actually taken this virus seriously and had a national plan to mitigate it. But no it’s the Democratic Governors fault Cuomo especially

Tanga I hope he loses my DH and DS are convinced he will ha e another EC win and to be honest I’m scared he will as well. If he does lose I’m scared of what he and his supporters will do

heddylamar

Postby heddylamar » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:18 am

My uber-religious uncle — who voted for Trump in 2016, because Benghazi and her emails :roll: — was appalled by Trump in February/March. Why? His youngest, my cousin, had the virus. Now? He's back to a full-on Trumpster.

Trump. The candidate of family and Christian values :roll: :lol:

Chancellor
Site Admin

Postby Chancellor » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:57 pm

Tarlo Farm wrote:Will the lies on tape, the lives unnecessarily lost, the continued economic loss due to not handling the virus correctly in the beginning be enough?

I am prefacing this by saying I am not a supporter. I did not now nor ever will vote for him.

However, I do not think that ANYONE could have predicted this pandemic like this. And furthermore, I think had Trump blocked Chinese people from coming here to the US, he would have been called a racist.

This was a no win situation for anyone. Has he made it worse? YES! Emphatically YES. But I don't think anyone could have successfully blocked this virus from spreading world wide.
Hindsight is 20/20. No one would have predicted that someone could hijack a plane and fly it into the World Trade center with just a box cutter either!

Koolkat
500 post plus club

Postby Koolkat » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:51 pm

A pandemic like this has been predicted. In fact, there were high level "war games" vis a vis pandemics in Oct (if I remember month correctly) of 2019. And of course, as widely reported, there was a high level pandemic task force in WA DC. I do not hold Trump responsible for the pandemic, but I hold him responsible for his mismanagement of it here in the USA. It's hard to believe looking at the numbers, that we overall have the most sophisticated medical technology in the world (not to be confused with delivery of that expertise).

khall

Postby khall » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:58 pm

Chancellor please look at how Taiwan addressed the virus. Their VP is a Harvard trained epidemiologist.

Testing and more testing. Contact tracing and quarantine. As everyone knows the US botched their testing and is still way down from where we should be. Contact tracing is a joke. And masks. We all know how that has gone Nationally . If Trump had been truthful with the information he knew about how this virus was spread and how deadly it was early on and actually had a national plan in place we would be in a very different place than we are now.

Koolkat
500 post plus club

Postby Koolkat » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:18 pm

Koolkat wrote:A pandemic like this has been predicted. In fact, there were high level "war games" vis a vis pandemics in Oct (if I remember month correctly) of 2019. And of course, as widely reported, there was a high level pandemic task force in WA DC. I do not hold Trump responsible for the pandemic, but I hold him responsible for his mismanagement of it here in the USA. It's hard to believe looking at the numbers, that we overall have the most sophisticated medical technology in the world (not to be confused with delivery of that expertise).

Found the link in regards to pandemic "war games":

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02277-6

Tarlo Farm
500 post plus club

Postby Tarlo Farm » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:08 pm

Chancellor wrote:
Tarlo Farm wrote:Will the lies on tape, the lives unnecessarily lost, the continued economic loss due to not handling the virus correctly in the beginning be enough?

I am prefacing this by saying I am not a supporter. I did not now nor ever will vote for him.

However, I do not think that ANYONE could have predicted this pandemic like this. And furthermore, I think had Trump blocked Chinese people from coming here to the US, he would have been called a racist.

This was a no win situation for anyone. Has he made it worse? YES! Emphatically YES. But I don't think anyone could have successfully blocked this virus from spreading world wide.
Hindsight is 20/20. No one would have predicted that someone could hijack a plane and fly it into the World Trade center with just a box cutter either!

I used to teach HS Biology and Anatomy and Physiology. Since 2011, every year after the unit on the immune system, I would show the movie "Contagion". This EXACT pandemic has been forecast for dozens of years. This administration dismantled the Pandemic Response Team when Trump took office in 2017.

I continue to recommend "Contagion" to anyone who hasn't seen it.

goldhorse
Herd Member

Postby goldhorse » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:25 am

My 2 cents to add to the conversation:

1) DH and I went to Hong Kong on an invitation to celebrate New Year's 2020. I still remember the dinner on 12/30/2019 where our local hosts were discussing a new SARS like virus outbreak in Wuhan. So a) it was already local news in HK with preparations beginning and b) if it was local news in HK, you can be damn sure that US intelligence knew about it.

2) DD#1 works for the NYC Department of Public Health as an epidemiologist. She says that Contagion is an excellent portrayal of what they do except that the timeline is sped up in terms of the time line of infection to symptoms to death for most viruses. Yes, pandemics have been predicted for years. She worked during the Ebola outbreak and NYC PH had plans already in place for how to respond. That was how many years ago?

The US didn't have to be like this. It didn't. It was gross negligence from the top down. Even worse, it was direct interference which continues today. Witness the White House attempts to control what is coming out of the CDC regarding criteria for testing.

KathyK

Postby KathyK » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:07 pm

There are several issues his supporters care about, but most care about only one issue and not the others: abortion, white power, their financials. They have no empathy. They do not care that more than 200,000 Americans are dead due to arrogance, vindictiveness, and shortsightedness. They do not care about constant lying by Trump and his coterie, his failure to recognize climate change (which has led to disastrous legislation and/or executive orders), the deterioration of the environment, poverty, alarming unemployment levels, the shuttering of huge numbers of small businesses, or myriad other problems in this country. I cannot describe my feeling of horror that there could be another four years of this.

horsepepsi
Greenie

Postby horsepepsi » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:10 am

Chancellor,
As many here know, but may have conveniently forgotten. Trump was called by many on the left and I would be willing to bet some on the right, a racist, zinphob or however it is spelled, and other choice words.
I have a friend who is currently living in Australia, and about the same time as trump was closing our borders +/- a week or two, their PM was doing the same thing. The funny thing is he wasn't called any of the same shyt as trump. Perhaps those who called him that who work in the DC/for the people should either be fired/resign, or at the very least offer a to late in coming an appology. But we all know that pelosi and the rest of those who have been trying to get him out of the office he won since the day after the election, will not do that.

khall

Postby khall » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:42 pm

Horsepeosi pardon but nah. No one owes Trump an apology ever. after all he’s done and said.

There was so much more that should have been done but Trump refused to acknowledge the severity of this disease even now his messaging is such that his administration has been found to be the biggest source of incorrect information on Coronavirus. Trump gets no points at all for his approach to the pandemic.

Of course now he has tested positive. I’ve seen where some question the validity of this testing because they don’t trust what comes out of this White House. Who can blame them after all the continued lies

Karma has come home to roost. It is what it is

Ponichiwa
500 post plus club

Postby Ponichiwa » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:18 pm

horsepepsi wrote:Chancellor,
As many here know, but may have conveniently forgotten. Trump was called by many on the left and I would be willing to bet some on the right, a racist, zinphob or however it is spelled, and other choice words.
I have a friend who is currently living in Australia, and about the same time as trump was closing our borders +/- a week or two, their PM was doing the same thing. The funny thing is he wasn't called any of the same shyt as trump. Perhaps those who called him that who work in the DC/for the people should either be fired/resign, or at the very least offer a to late in coming an appology. But we all know that pelosi and the rest of those who have been trying to get him out of the office he won since the day after the election, will not do that.

Australia closed all their borders to everyone. Trump closed the US border only to travel to and from China in March (although we still allowed in US citizens during that time), even though COVID was ravaging Europe at the same time (esp. Italy). Dunno how that reads to you, but to me it still reads at minimum xenophobic, and potentially also he saw it as an opportunity to continue to economically punish China.

Briarwood
Novice

Postby Briarwood » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:23 pm

Apologize to 45?! You have got to be kidding. He needs to apologize to every citizen of the United States for what he has done to our country. All his lying, cheating, stealing money, rolling back EPA rules, putting incompetent donors in cabinet positions, supporting white supremacists, refusing to support and implement CDC guidelines and so much more are reasons for him to be voted out. It is unfortunate the gop senators did not have the courage to vote to remove him after his impeachment.

And I hope the country survives what he will do between November and January 20 after he loses the election.

heddylamar

Postby heddylamar » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:31 pm

No one owes Trump any apology. Forgetting everything else he's done in the past four years, 200k Americans wouldn't have died from this virus under any other modern administration. Our fellow citizens who voted to elect a belligerent, know-it-all bully whose glowing resume includes six bankrupt businesses owe the rest of us an apology. I can only hope our democracy survives Trump's incompetence.
Last edited by heddylamar on Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tanga
500 post plus club

Postby Tanga » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:26 pm

horsepepsi Facts matter. He didn't "close the borders." He SAID he closed it to China, but people were still coming in from China for a long time. And, the reason he had to announce it was because the pilot's unions were refusing to fly there.

And we all listened to the traitor openly say MANY racist remarks live on the toddler show Tuesday.

Karma is a bitch. She's been trying to be polite with ever increasing storms, plagues, fires, you know. Now she's hitting him. Good for her. We're sick, sick, sick, sick of it.

horsepepsi
Greenie

Postby horsepepsi » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:29 pm

Then those who voted for 44 owes many apologies. And even more who voted for 42.
44 who started the caged children and allowed the next guy to take the fall for the program. 44 who forced the oh so glad awful aca that nearly what tripled premiums. But I would be willing to bet that was the ultimate goal, to make it unaffordable so the government could come in and take over and say something like 'We are here to save you! We will take over the health care system! ' And then the rest of those who have never been on what the military has will have fun with the worlds worst heath insurance that oh by the way doesn't include abortions.
And 42 due to their own crimes towards the country. Including the hildabeasts campaign invented the Steel dossier. That includes members of 44 administration possibly 44 himself, and maybe 44 1/2.
But we all know that if 44 1/2 actually wins the election he won't be in that office for long. He is to feeble minded. But his vp isn't. She will slide into the office. And you can check this your self. How many candidates have won on the WH when they have said they will take away a Constitutional Right? The answer is none. And they have said they would take at least one away. But as harris is even more left than Sanders (this is a quote from him not me) I see more with her in office. Like speech, press, and who knows what other she would do away with. As she loves government control of the people. She would be worse than hildabeast in office

khall

Postby khall » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:47 pm

Horsepepsi there’s so much alternative facts in your statement. Sigh. The gullible Trump supporters who do not know how to do any research just regurgitate the right talking points.

Obama did not separate children from their parents what he did do was have to deal with a surge of children at the boarder who were unaccompanied. DOJ and in particular Sessions absolutely made it a policy of this administration to separate the children from their caregivers even parents regardless of the age of the kids.

The ACA has issues. But there is much to like about it for many especially in the states that expanded Medicare. Take a look at how popular it is in KY one of the poorest states in the Union. Pre existing conditions protected no longer a cap young adults on their parents insurance until 26. All the Republicans have been trying to do away with since Trump has been in office. With NOTHING to replace it with

The Steel dossier btw was initially started by Republicans! In fact John McCain was the one who gave it to the fbi for Christ sake

Biden feeble minded omg that’s rich coming from Trump supporter! Trump who cannot string coherent thoughts together in any meaningful way. Aka word salad.

I have no idea which constitutional right you are talking about. None of the policies that Biden is supporting does any such thing. Fear mongering are you? Yet if Trump has his way he will do away with social security. The Republicans have been dying to for a long time.

Mayor Pete was my first choice then Harris and if you think she’s more left than Bernie I have bridge to sell you in the desert!

This is my problem with Trump supporters. They are unable to think critically or do their own research except in their echo chamber. Smh

Koolkat
500 post plus club

Postby Koolkat » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:39 pm

horsepepsi wrote:Then those who voted for 44 owes many apologies. And even more who voted for 42.
44 who started the caged children and allowed the next guy to take the fall for the program.

This is patently false. Obama did NOT "cage" children (and then blame it on 45). Child separation was NOT a policy in the Obama administration as it was with Trump (the policy was advanced by Stephen Miller, a senior advisor who came into the WH with Jeff Sessions. Stephen Miller, with a rabid anti-immigrant stance, has been the architect of Trump's campaign relative to this topic. David Horowitz, a well known Islamophobe, was Miller's mentor.). There was a huge surge in unaccompanied children across the border in 2014 (~68,000). It is the law that unaccompanied children have to be transferred to the Dept of HHS within 72 hours and they have to deal with the children while placing them in shelters across the US. The facilities to deal with unaccompanied children were not sufficient to deal with the spike of incoming children and the "facilities" were created (in a hurry) to deal with the issue. The Obama administration did not have a policy to separating children from their parents, unlike the Trump administration. The "Obama built the cages" meme that conflated the temporary holding facilities of the Obama administration with Trump's family separation policy/children in cages is just that = conflation. The meme was pushed out by Being Libertarian, LLC.

Tanga
500 post plus club

Postby Tanga » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:11 am

horsepepsi needs to call herself Kool Aid. Wow. Straight out of Q Anon Traitor tRump 'roid rants.

Koolkat
500 post plus club

Postby Koolkat » Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:48 pm

"The Republican party should be forced to carry Trump to term, even if it kills them".

That ^^ quote on twitter made me laugh.

And yes, now that Trump is becoming a liability, it may indeed, "do it". Not that DeSantis is a particularly palatable prospect.....

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”