Bringing Life to the DDBB

Rip RBG:)

Postby khall » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:46 am

Dammit

heddylamar

Re: Rip RBG:)

Postby heddylamar » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:16 am

2020 can f off right about now. She's a huge loss. We've lost our advocate. Do you have a credit card in your own name? A real estate title or mortgage? Has your "no fail" birth control ever let you down? Have you ever taken family medical leave?

We owe so much to RBG.

Tanga
500 post plus club

Postby Tanga » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:17 am

OMG. OMG. OMG. We will NOT let her die in vain. We will NOT let evil prevail. WE are RBG!

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:13 am

She so badly wanted to stay alive until the new president was in. She was a remarkable woman and a lovely person who was real friend to the others on the Supreme Court regardless of the differences in opinion. in that she was a superb example. she did so much for so many.

horsepepsi
Greenie

Postby horsepepsi » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:16 pm

Yes she was a remarkable woman and she will be missed by many on both sides.
I wrote her in my much younger years and being in my young adult age and didn't have my own opinion about things, she advised me to go where my heart takes me on politically and my head takes me considering my young family even if it is not the same as the other military spouses do. So I did, and I wasn't well received because of this, but I was sure and I was able to get the best for my family and the others in my husband's command, even though the rest of them were not aware of what I was able to accomplish for them. But my husband was many times held accountable for my actions, until I got the best of them. Several well placed phone calls had then back step and a few even thought that they should apologize to him.
So yes she was in a way my hero, she shaped my way of dealing with life and people who came in it, the good, bad, and the ugly.
She and I may have been on opposite sides of the political spectrum, but, I think that if I had actually met her irl I may have liked her.
RIP Mrs Ginsberg

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”