To the US citizens from Georgia. You’re welcome!

khall
Bringing Life to the DDBB

To the US citizens from Georgia. You’re welcome!

Postby khall » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:15 pm

We did it! Trump and Moscow Mitch you’re fired!

heddylamar

Re: To the US citizens from Georgia. You’re welcome!

Postby heddylamar » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:39 pm

Woohoo!!!!! Thank you <3

Koolkat
500 post plus club

Postby Koolkat » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:39 pm

Two words - Stacy Abrams.

Ding dong, Donald's gone!!!

Tanga
500 post plus club

Postby Tanga » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:45 pm

I'm hearing the second one isn't for sure yet, so refuse to celebrate, but it looks good. *)*&*%$%$^%$%$ traitor Republicans deserve every bad thing they get, and Moscow Mitch needs to rot in hell.

khall

Postby khall » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:52 pm

Tanga it Ossoff has not been called yet but the votes that need to still be counted are from democratic stronghold and the absentee ballots still to be counted not enough to change the outcome

I’ve read of some who requested absentee ballots and did not receive them in time so they either drove long ways or hopped on a plane to vote. Got to love them every vote counted.

Yes Stacey Abrams was instrumental in this change. Getting those votes from POC black Latino especially out.

Ryeissa

Postby Ryeissa » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:43 pm

oh lawd, this is all too much. 4 people dead? 2021 is off to a bad start.

Canyon
500 post plus club

Postby Canyon » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:00 pm

Yes, the momentous results of the Georgia special election unfortunately got overshadowed yesterday by the rampage at the Capitol. But thank you Georgia for dethroning Mitch the Grim Reaper and for all the work it took for that to happen. Congratulations to Ossoff and Warnock and all of us! Their election will make a huge difference in the ability of the new administration to get something done.

Koolkat
500 post plus club

Postby Koolkat » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:08 pm

I'm no fan of McConnell, but his wife resigning as Sec of Transportation is meaningful (beyond being the first cabinet member to do so), I think. As to the other stuff, America needs to get its ducks in a row. Trump may be a buffoon, but the next one might not be.

heddylamar

Postby heddylamar » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:39 pm

If Chao really objected to Trump's actions she would work with her fellow cabinet members to invoke the 25th amendment.

Koolkat
500 post plus club

Postby Koolkat » Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:22 am

heddylamar wrote:If Chao really objected to Trump's actions she would work with her fellow cabinet members to invoke the 25th amendment.

Well that's a good point. And now the Betsy De Vos has also resigned, I do wonder about the politics of extracting oneself from that debate. Chao, of course, has the McConnell connection, and De Vos is the Amway fortune, part of the Koch network. And they have come out against Trump, amazingly enough, since the election. I don't think Pence will go with the 25th, though. A 2nd impeachment would keep Trump out of office ever again, that would be a happy ending.

SnowHorse
Herd Member

Postby SnowHorse » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:40 pm

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Face masks! Bandanas! Posters, mugs, cards etc - http://www.zazzle.com/okiepony/products -- Horses, cats, butterflies, Hummingbirds, quotes, sillies, patterns - everything!

khall

Postby khall » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:22 pm

As per usual in the Trump administration yes too much going on to keep up with all the happenings. But flipping Georgia blue will be instrumental in allowing Biden to get done some important work. I don’t envy him or Harris in what they are going to have to tackle

I really am struggling with what happened last Wednesday and those who still support Trump in any way. I just found out one of my FB friends who had adopted one of my foster lab pups I raised is a Trumper and conspiracy nut. She’s never put anything out there politically so I did not know. Ugh they are brainwashed

Ryeissa

Postby Ryeissa » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:19 pm

Koolkat wrote:I'm no fan of McConnell, but his wife resigning as Sec of Transportation is meaningful (beyond being the first cabinet member to do so), I think. As to the other stuff, America needs to get its ducks in a row. Trump may be a buffoon, but the next one might not be.

I would like to think its sincere, many are saying it's to avoid being accountable. If it is sincere, why now? a little too late.
Trump and his message is very dangerous. I remain very worried.

Ponichiwa
500 post plus club

Postby Ponichiwa » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:59 pm

I've truly struggled to get focused on work over the last 10 days. There have been so many (SO SO MANY) breaches of norms, from the Raffensperger pressure phone call to a full-on coup attempt. Our institutions are lucky that this group is so ham-handed that all of their attempts to subvert democracy have so far failed; a more sophisticated effort would have been far worse for the country.

Politico is reporting that 25th amendment conversations "were not that serious" as per Cabinet sources. If so, I can see why Cabinet members who strongly object to Trump's conduct last week would choose to resign over spending any more time in support of this administration. I do see it as too-little-too-late, but at least it's something.

Trump's comments today as he departed for TX to brag about the border wall indicate (again) that he doesn't see any problem with his conduct. I'm horrified.

khall

Postby khall » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:41 pm

Ponichiwa I’m so worried about what is going on in our country right now. Concerned about the inauguration concerned about these next few days before the inauguration. And beyond horrified at what happened just a week ago and as more information comes out furious at those who aided Trump and those who still support his treasonous self

https://www.rawstory.com/insurrectionis ... NAADXdRpAo

Members of congress were giving reconnaissance tours 1-5 to the perpetrators. I just cannot fathom how low our country has gone

khall

Postby khall » Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:10 pm

Teto are you thinking of Warnok? He was elected in a special election to fill a vacancy in a Georgia senate seat and will be up for reelection in 2022. The governorship will be back up for grabs as well and I hope Stacey Abrams runs again. It was her work on the ground that got us two D senators

Ponichiwa
500 post plus club

Postby Ponichiwa » Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:15 pm

Fairly certain teto is a bot.

khall

Postby khall » Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:18 pm

They replied on young horse forum to lipsmacker about lynx.

Ponichiwa
500 post plus club

Postby Ponichiwa » Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:21 pm

Yes, by copying a line from the 4th post on that thread (which appears to be the same method as their contribution to this thread by copying Tanga's first line before the comma in the 4th post above).

I've upgraded my bot forecast to "100% certain".

Chancellor
Site Admin

Postby Chancellor » Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:42 pm

teto has left the building.

khall

Postby khall » Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:15 pm

Ah good catch both of you!

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”