How is everyone feeling with Biden administration?

khall
Bringing Life to the DDBB

How is everyone feeling with Biden administration?

Postby khall » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:18 pm

My DH and I are just so happy to have some normalcy in the WH. I’m pretty happy the way things are going. Just hope the Dems can stick to their guns and do what needs doing to get legislation passed ( filibuster reform)

Super happy with the vaccine push just wished more were willing to get the jab. Too many here in Georgia who are skeptical of the vaccine

texsuze
500 post plus club

Re: How is everyone feeling with Biden administration?

Postby texsuze » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:15 pm

Dipping my toe in the waters, I was relieved when Biden was elected POTUS. My primary concerns were and still are reinstating the important environmental regulations, upholding the ESA, and keeping O&G profiteers out of my National Parks, Monuments, and National Wildlife Refuges.

OTOH, I'm not pleased with the wind energy subsidies that have propped up that sector for years. While wind turbines may work for some areas, they don't work for all areas, especially those within the migratory flyways of birds, and, in areas, such as where I live, that place a value on unfettered view scapes. Same with solar panels. I'd rather we move to solar than keep the old, extractive energy practices, but let's get panels on buildings, on all new suburban sprawl rooftops, all commercial buildings and not out in the pristine desert. And...how 'bout putting the 'conserve' back in 'conservative'. Just sayin'.... Flame suit on.

Tanga
500 post plus club

Postby Tanga » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:26 pm

SO relieved. It's stunning the amount of anxiety so many good people were feeling, not knowing what evil new thing was going to happen.

Agreed with everything. They need to get rid of the filibuster and do exactly what McConnell did and is whining about now. Push new good things through.

SO happy with the vaccine, too. I finally got an appointment for Saturday, and my husband was just done! My friend in Germany is upset because it doesn't look like she can Get one before summer or fall, even though her husband is a doctor. REALLY glad to be in CA, where we shut down first and kept it down and are slowly letting up, and we have the least number of cases and deaths in the country.

Texsuz I don't see any flames. I think there is no one answer for everything. No answer is perfect, but we need to be looking at the instead of catering to big oil. I am a TRUE conservative--stop spending money on war and big business, balance the budget, tax people fairly, universal healthcare which is cheaper, stay out of people's business when it does not harm others, especially women, take care of the people with education, healthcare, safe environment, infrastructure, etc.

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:47 am

I have to use fact check even.more than with the other one because the media was happy to jump on trump lies but tends to ignore biden's

khall

Postby khall » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:39 am

Chisamba which lies are that?

Tanga
500 post plus club

Postby Tanga » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:48 pm

khall wrote:Chisamba which lies are that?
Yeah. I'd be interested to know. I don't know of any lies, just misstatements, especially about specific numbers he didn't memorize when talking about many things.

The only thing I can find is something like this, which is really stretching it, and can only come up with three: https://thefederalist.com/2021/01/22/he ... president/

Or this which pretty much just rants about "extreme left wing" stuff (even though there is no such thing, but doesn't give an actual facts: https://nypost.com/2021/03/25/biden-lie ... t-goodwin/

This is just ridiculous nitpicking going back a LONG time: https://710wor.iheart.com/featured/mark ... ajor-lies/

Everything I could find was things picking nits about college and minor things, not like Covid isn't a problem, we have a great healthcare plan, I am a billionaire, I didn't encourage violence, Antifa is destroying cities . . .

khall

Postby khall » Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:59 am

Tanga you forgot the biggest! The election was stolen

Koolkat
500 post plus club

Postby Koolkat » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:35 pm

Tanga wrote:
khall wrote:Chisamba which lies are that?
Yeah. I'd be interested to know. I don't know of any lies, just misstatements, especially about specific numbers he didn't memorize when talking about many things.

The only thing I can find is something like this, which is really stretching it, and can only come up with three: https://thefederalist.com/2021/01/22/he ... president/

Or this which pretty much just rants about "extreme left wing" stuff (even though there is no such thing, but doesn't give an actual facts: https://nypost.com/2021/03/25/biden-lie ... t-goodwin/

This is just ridiculous nitpicking going back a LONG time: https://710wor.iheart.com/featured/mark ... ajor-lies/

Everything I could find was things picking nits about college and minor things, not like Covid isn't a problem, we have a great healthcare plan, I am a billionaire, I didn't encourage violence, Antifa is destroying cities . . .

The Federalist is financially supported by right wing big money, including a financial fund that creates an ATM of "dark money". The NY Post? Gads, it's like a dressed up version of the Enquirer. It's Robert Murdoch.

And speaking of Dark Money, if you want to take a chilling journey on the history of the ultra wealthy cabal of donors that have been creating a politically influential (probably an understatement) infrastructure, which over the course of 40+ years has pulled the Republican party to the far right, read Jane Meyer's (NYer) book of the same name. You can also pull up many of the articles she has written on the Koch Brothers, et al. The "movement" began in the late 60's/early 70's in response to the civil unrest, Nixon's regulations (EPA/Clean Air & Water)/Ralph Nadar/OSHA/etc., which was viewed as an existential threat to the "robber barons" of the time. Fred Koch (father of Charles/David = the Koch Bros.) was a founder of the John Birch society. David Koch ran on the 1972 Libertarian ticket (VP). Lewis Powell (later to be a Supreme Court Justice) wrote a letter to the Director of the Chamber of Commerce in 1971 that was publicized/viewed as a manifesto/call to arms. The ensuing decades saw a targeted infiltration of the university/media/think tank/legal/political system by people who are highly skilled and experienced at developing vast infrastructures. And have the money to prove it. Dark Money is an excellent/detailed read.

Ryeissa

Postby Ryeissa » Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:31 pm

I voted for him but i'm super angry at what is happening in Afganistan. Absolutely terrible!

I am also very upset that there is a complete lack of leadership with COVID also leading to more deaths, hospitals falling apart, and no end in sight.

DO SOMETHING.

Tanga
500 post plus club

Postby Tanga » Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:46 am

Ryeissa wrote:I voted for him but i'm super angry at what is happening in Afganistan. Absolutely terrible!

I am also very upset that there is a complete lack of leadership with COVID also leading to more deaths, hospitals falling apart, and no end in sight.

DO SOMETHING.

Biden is doing the absolute best can in Afghanistan. There is no winning this situation, and tRump made it worse.

The complete lack leadership in Covid is pretty much all of the right wing. Biden's administration is doing everything they can as the right wing is dying and lying at the same time. Literally the only thing we could do more is release that ivermectin with a bleach IV push will solve all of the problems and them die faster.

Abby Kogler
Herd Member

Postby Abby Kogler » Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:23 pm

Wow Tanga. What an ugly post.

You might try reading or listening to something other than MSNBC or CNN. Like...the BBC, or Politico...even the LA Times is critical.

Afghanistan is a gigantic world threatening cluster*** and it was avoidable. We are going to pay for the dems ineptitude in ways unfathomable.

But hey! Hes not Trump! And a Vagina of Color! What more could we want?

Meh.

Ryeissa

Postby Ryeissa » Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:59 pm

Tanga wrote:
Ryeissa wrote:I voted for him but i'm super angry at what is happening in Afganistan. Absolutely terrible!

DO SOMETHING.

Biden is doing the absolute best can in Afghanistan. There is no winning this situation, and tRump made it worse.

The complete lack leadership in Covid is pretty much all of the right wing. Biden's administration is doing everything they can as the right wing is dying and lying at the same time. Literally the only thing we could do more is release that ivermectin with a bleach IV push will solve all of the problems and them die faster.

The best he can???? NO. This is all a complete mess. Biden is really failing as a leader to guide the US though this mess. I'm sorry I voted for him; I expected more.

Let them die faster? that is harsh. People are valuable as people even if you don't like them.

Koolkat
500 post plus club

Postby Koolkat » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:04 pm

Abby Kogler wrote:What an ugly post. . . . . . . . followed by:

a Vagina of Color!

:roll:

Tanga
500 post plus club

Postby Tanga » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:59 pm

Baloney. Not ugly. Real. Biden is doing the best he can, and he had balls to finally DO something where everyone else has refused AND he takes all of the criticism like a noble person. It is a mess and everyone is criticizing, and no one could have done it better. One way or another it would have been a massive mess. There is no way around it. You expected more? HOW? WHAT could have been done that would have been any different? WHAT did you expect that was "more?" Especially since tRUmp set it up to notify the enemy we were leaving and we had to leave. Do like everyone else and leave troops in there for 20 more years? Everyone cheered when we went in there after Saudi Arabia basically attacked us on 9/11, but we can't attack people with oil, right?

This is why I would never want to be in the position to have to make these decisions. There is NO way to be right or do it right. Staying there is a disaster. Leaving is a disaster. I say NO ONE gets to criticize unless they could have done it better, and they can't.

And WHAT a sexist, racist comment--a "vagina of color." OMG.

And the bleach comment was not really wanting people to die. But we've been literally begging these people not to kill themselves for over a year and now we are back to an even scarier situation. We, collectively, are literally killing ourselves to save these idiots as the jump over the cliff and take people with them. I don't think one child or healthcare worker or teacher or innocent person should die before these selfish, stupid people killing themselves and others.

Go ahead. Give your solutions. I know so many people are about criticizing, but don't know how to fix the problems. I stand by the people trying to do the right thing and making hard decisions.

Abby Kogler
Herd Member

Postby Abby Kogler » Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:33 pm

Koolkat wrote:
Abby Kogler wrote:What an ugly post. . . . . . . . followed by:

a Vagina of Color!

:roll:

Sorry, I swear, that is all some of my friends cared about. That, and that we would have dogs in the White House.

Ryeissa

Postby Ryeissa » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:34 pm

Tanga wrote:Baloney. Not ugly. Real. Biden is doing the best he can, and he had balls to finally DO something where everyone else has refused AND he takes all of the criticism like a noble person. It is a mess and everyone is criticizing, and no one could have done it better. One way or another it would have been a massive mess. There is no way around it. You expected more? HOW? WHAT could have been done that would have been any different? WHAT did you expect that was "more?" Especially since tRUmp set it up to notify the enemy we were leaving and we had to leave. Do like everyone else and leave troops in there for 20 more years? Everyone cheered when we went in there after Saudi Arabia basically attacked us on 9/11, but we can't attack people with oil, right?

This is why I would never want to be in the position to have to make these decisions. There is NO way to be right or do it right. Staying there is a disaster. Leaving is a disaster. I say NO ONE gets to criticize unless they could have done it better, and they can't.

And WHAT a sexist, racist comment--a "vagina of color." OMG.

And the bleach comment was not really wanting people to die. But we've been literally begging these people not to kill themselves for over a year and now we are back to an even scarier situation. We, collectively, are literally killing ourselves to save these idiots as the jump over the cliff and take people with them. I don't think one child or healthcare worker or teacher or innocent person should die before these selfish, stupid people killing themselves and others.

Go ahead. Give your solutions. I know so many people are about criticizing, but don't know how to fix the problems. I stand by the people trying to do the right thing and making hard decisions.

----
8.31/2021
Ten members of one family -- including seven children -- were killed in a US drone strike targeting a vehicle in a residential neighborhood of Kabul, a relative of the dead told CNN.

The US carried out a defensive airstrike in Kabul, targeting a suspected ISIS-K suicide bomber who posed an "imminent" threat to the airport, US Central Command said Sunday.
The youngest victims of Sunday's airstrike were two 2-year-old girls, according to family members.
(Source CNN, so a liberal site)
---

This is not ok with me. Do better Biden. There is a complete lack of real accountability, leadership, or plan. Silence is not ok. We need a leader. My solution? stop killing kids. Stop handing over the billions of dollars of tech. PLAN. Don't just look shocked when things happen!
There is no messaging about COVID, either. I know they can't enforce a mask mandate federally but there is really no leadership.
No one is making too many decisions it seems.

Tanga
500 post plus club

Postby Tanga » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:46 pm

It's horrible. HOW do you suggest he do better?

I don't know what kind of news you are watching, but I see 100% leadership, accountability, and plan, even if the plan doesn't work well! (Because NONE will, which is why none has been do in 20 years.) HOW can you do this any better???? There is NO silence. There are announcements and updates every single day.

How is "stop killing kids" a plan? Biden had nothing to do with spending trillions here. If you want to stop killing kids, then you need to send troops and tech back over there. Which is it?

Baloney there is no messaging about Covid. It has been solid and the same the WHOLE time. Get the vaccine, follow CDC guidelines. Here--we'll give you everything you need to stay healthy.

I don't know where you are getting your information, but I follow legitimate, in the middle, sold news sources in the green rectangle. https://www.adfontesmedia.com/wp-conten ... -min-2.jpg

Ryeissa

Postby Ryeissa » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:51 pm

Tanga wrote:It's horrible. HOW do you suggest he do better?

I don't know what kind of news you are watching, but I see 100% leadership, accountability, and plan, even if the plan doesn't work well! (Because NONE will, which is why none has been do in 20 years.) HOW can you do this any better???? There is NO silence. There are announcements and updates every single day.

How is "stop killing kids" a plan? Biden had nothing to do with spending trillions here. If you want to stop killing kids, then you need to send troops and tech back over there. Which is it?

Baloney there is no messaging about Covid. It has been solid and the same the WHOLE time. Get the vaccine, follow CDC guidelines. Here--we'll give you everything you need to stay healthy.

I don't know where you are getting your information, but I follow legitimate, in the middle, sold news sources in the green rectangle. https://www.adfontesmedia.com/wp-conten ... -min-2.jpg

He is the Commander in Chief...I dunno, doesn't that make him in charge of the airstrikes FROM THE US military?
yes
It does
"where do I get my information?"
I get my info where you are getting your news---I read NPR and BBC daily, and are both in the green rectangle..... I just don't see any real response or comments on these events. I considered myself liberal and democrat, but I'm just getting tired of this. I'm not the only one.

This is enough. DO BETTER BIDEN.

Anyone else?

Ryeissa

Postby Ryeissa » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:33 pm

Biden's job ratings decline amid Covid surge, Afghanistan withdrawal in NBC News poll
"Summer of discontent": Biden’s overall job approval falls below 50 percent for the first time in the NBC News poll, while just 25 percent approve of his handling of Afghanistan.

Ryeissa

Postby Ryeissa » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:34 pm

For President Joe Biden, the cost of the war's chaotic end has been steep. His overall job approval rating now stands at 41% who approve versus 55% who disapprove – a big drop in the closely watched barometer of political health. Until last week, national polls generally showed his approval rating above 50%.

Ryeissa

Postby Ryeissa » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:35 pm

"Today, President Biden's overall approval has taken a turn for the worse due to his awful job performance rating on Afghanistan," said David Paleologos, director of the Suffolk Political Research Center. "His approval on immigration and the economy are also upside down. The only issue keeping him remotely in the game is his handling of the COVID-19 pandemic, where he is barely at 50%."

Tanga
500 post plus club

Postby Tanga » Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:31 pm

You're going to have to take you complaints to places where people rant and complain and have no solutions or understanding of the complex issues.

NO ONE COULD DO THIS RIGHT. He had the balls and the morals to finally do something about this mess KNOWING everyone would blame and attack him. There is NO right answer, and you proved it to me by just quoting people who agree with you but have NO SOLUTIONS.

People who know more: https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... 5oIDIeV-x4 "Biden alone had the political courage to fully end America’s involvement. Although Donald Trump made a plan to end the war, he set a departure date that fell after the end of his first term and created conditions that made the situation Biden inherited more precarious. And despite significant pressure and obstacles, Biden has overseen a military and government that have managed, since the announcement of America’s withdrawal, one of the most extraordinary logistical feats in their recent history. By the time the last American plane lifts off from Hamid Karzai International Airport on August 31, the total number of Americans and Afghan allies extricated from the country may exceed 120,000."

No real response? Google his press conferences! The poor man is horrified and exhausted and still stepping up, as are all of other people making HARD decisions. https://duckduckgo.com/?q=bidesn+respon ... 9bAic&pn=1

Ryeissa

Postby Ryeissa » Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:56 pm

Tanga wrote:You're going to have to take you complaints to places where people rant and complain and have no solutions or understanding of the complex issues.

NO ONE COULD DO THIS RIGHT. He had the balls and the morals to finally do something about this mess KNOWING everyone would blame and attack him. There is NO right answer, and you proved it to me by just quoting people who agree with you but have NO SOLUTIONS.

People who know more: https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... 5oIDIeV-x4 "Biden alone had the political courage to fully end America’s involvement. Although Donald Trump made a plan to end the war, he set a departure date that fell after the end of his first term and created conditions that made the situation Biden inherited more precarious. And despite significant pressure and obstacles, Biden has overseen a military and government that have managed, since the announcement of America’s withdrawal, one of the most extraordinary logistical feats in their recent history. By the time the last American plane lifts off from Hamid Karzai International Airport on August 31, the total number of Americans and Afghan allies extricated from the country may exceed 120,000."

No real response? Google his press conferences! The poor man is horrified and exhausted and still stepping up, as are all of other people making HARD decisions. https://duckduckgo.com/?q=bidesn+respon ... 9bAic&pn=1

Agree to disagree, I guess. I do have solutions, you just missed them. I quoted a variety of sources, no i didn't cherry pick. Its accepted that his ratings are the lowest ever, from many types of people.

Better planning
More communication
More leadership
Active engagement

You seem to know an awful lot about his plans and what is "right".

I wouldn't be so confident myself....

But you aren't listening at this point. That's fine, but i'm starting to repeat myself so there is no point to coming back. Its a matter of we all seem to think our way is the "right way". I just balk at marines, children, and civillians being killed. And people starting to disappear. But if that's ok with you..... We can't find any way to discuss this at this point. I have no agenda. I'm just sad and angry. You can defend him, I won't.

heddylamar

Postby heddylamar » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:39 am

Ryeissa wrote:I quoted a variety of sources, no i didn't cherry pick. Its accepted that his ratings are the lowest ever, from many types of people.

Were the links removed?

Ryeissa

Postby Ryeissa » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:17 pm

heddylamar wrote:
Ryeissa wrote:I quoted a variety of sources, no i didn't cherry pick. Its accepted that his ratings are the lowest ever, from many types of people.

Were the links removed?

no
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 244854002/

Ryeissa

Postby Ryeissa » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:18 pm

Abby Kogler
Herd Member

Postby Abby Kogler » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:42 am

In this wildly successful evacuation, as we are told by Chauncy Gardner and his handmaiden Jen, why arent any of the sycophantic voters asking why the DOGS WERE LEFT BEHIND.

I cant wait to hear the excuses and the blame.

Trump didnt like dogs!

Perfect.

Abby Kogler
Herd Member

Postby Abby Kogler » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:15 pm

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/artic ... perception

Well well well. I think you should read this Tanga.

FWIW, I voted Bernie 9n 2016 and Trump in 2020.

And to anyone who took my Vagina of Color comment as offensive, pray tell what qualifications Kamala Harris had to be VP. She crashed and burned in her own primary effort, could not even get votes in Cali, her home state. What in her record meant she was the Best Most Qualified Choice to be VP? And now, as Biden seems more and more disconnected and disengaged, will qualify her to be President?

All over FB and the media was the Historic Event! A Woman of Color as VP WHEE! Yay! Our dreams have All Come True! A Vagina! and a Vagina of Color! We are saved! The world will now be a safer, gentler, place. And dogs in the White House! What more could we want!

We are going to rue the day that this admin was elected.

Ryeissa

Re:

Postby Ryeissa » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:57 pm

Abby Kogler wrote:https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2021-08-31/exclusive-in-call-before-afghan-collapse-biden-pressed-ghani-to-change-perception

Well well well. I think you should read this Tanga.

FWIW, I voted Bernie 9n 2016 and Trump in 2020.

And to anyone who took my Vagina of Color comment as offensive, pray tell what qualifications Kamala Harris had to be VP. She crashed and burned in her own primary effort, could not even get votes in Cali, her home state. What in her record meant she was the Best Most Qualified Choice to be VP? And now, as Biden seems more and more disconnected and disengaged, will qualify her to be President?

All over FB and the media was the Historic Event! A Woman of Color as VP WHEE! Yay! Our dreams have All Come True! A Vagina! and a Vagina of Color! We are saved! The world will now be a safer, gentler, place. And dogs in the White House! What more could we want!

We are going to rue the day that this admin was elected.

Right. Where is her messaging? I hardly have seen her since Jan.
Now abortion is outlawed in texas. Great.
I know this is a state issue but there is a huge problem here for me, combined with the lack of vaccines, out of control propaganda, and false info. Yes, I think the POTUS can try to counteract this- as HE IS THE LEADER OF THE COUNTRY. That is what is for- LEAD.
I hardly see any communication from them, and I spent a lot of time on the news sites (a variety).
Where are they?

Abby Kogler
Herd Member

Postby Abby Kogler » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:59 pm

Im old enough to remember Biden shamed out of the 1984 primary for lying and plaigerising (sp) his career is one ling farce of mistakes and corruption. But… he wasnt Trump! And he had a dog!

And just saying… anyone who writes tRump and thinks its clever is an automatic no cred poster. Here, on fb, regardless.

Ryeissa

Postby Ryeissa » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:43 pm

Abby Kogler wrote:Im old enough to remember Biden shamed out of the 1984 primary for lying and plaigerising (sp) his career is one ling farce of mistakes and corruption. But… he wasnt Trump! And he had a dog!

And just saying… anyone who writes tRump and thinks its clever is an automatic no cred poster. Here, on fb, regardless.

yeah. The bias is so strong against trump in this thread that it looses a lot of merit. I don't like trump at all, but Biden's mistakes are his own.

I don't think the sins of the past presidents carry much weight. It sounds like an excuse a lot of the time, to be honest. Part of being a good POTUS is working with what you were given. Yes, when you inherit decisions made in a far right ideology it takes time to correct, and there are things you don't agree with. Its always been that way.

Abby Kogler
Herd Member

Postby Abby Kogler » Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:19 pm

Koolkat
500 post plus club

Re:

Postby Koolkat » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:53 am

Abby Kogler wrote:And to anyone who took my Vagina of Color comment as offensive, pray tell what qualifications Kamala Harris had to be VP.

All over FB and the media was the Historic Event! A Woman of Color as VP WHEE! Yay! Our dreams have All Come True! A Vagina! and a Vagina of Color! We are saved! The world will now be a safer, gentler, place.

You are CONFLATING, by your own description an "ugly post" vis a vis "vagina of color", and a "rational" discussion about the VP's qualifications. They have nothing to do with each other.

blob

Postby blob » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:42 am

Just because someone dislikes trump, doesn't mean they agree with everything Biden does. The two aren't connected.

Am I glad Biden won? YES, but he wasn't my choice coming out of primaries. do I think he's done everything right? No, no president I can think of has.

Citizen free press is not at all a reputable source of info, so that link isn't even worth clicking.

Ryeissa

Postby Ryeissa » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:03 pm

Lets see how he speaks out on the texas abortion ban. He seems to be getting on that at least to start with..... We will be watching. Closely.

Abby Kogler
Herd Member

Postby Abby Kogler » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:25 pm

blob wrote:Just because someone dislikes trump, doesn't mean they agree with everything Biden does. The two aren't connected.

Am I glad Biden won? YES, but he wasn't my choice coming out of primaries. do I think he's done everything right? No, no president I can think of has.

Citizen free press is not at all a reputable source of info, so that link isn't even worth clicking.

Its a video of Obamas advisors and other democrats commenting on the withdrawal.

So typical.

Ryeissa

Postby Ryeissa » Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:54 pm

Abby Kogler wrote:
blob wrote:Just because someone dislikes trump, doesn't mean they agree with everything Biden does. The two aren't connected.

Its a video of Obamas advisors and other democrats commenting on the withdrawal.

So typical.

Not liking a source is being used too liberally, it seems. Clearly blob didn't watch the video....?

Abby Kogler
Herd Member

Postby Abby Kogler » Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:36 pm

Ryeissa wrote:
Abby Kogler wrote:

So typical.

Not liking a source is being used too liberally, it seems. Clearly blob didn't watch the video....?

Yes. Its all thats needed. Oh Faux. Oh PMSNBC. It makes life easy, doesnt it. One never has to even hear anything contrary to ones biases, much less actually think about said biases.

Its all the same vein… Faux. Orange Man. White Supremqcist. Uncle Tom. Fake news. Joe and the Ho. Its from all sides. There also seems to be a direct inverse ratio between the instant resorting to dismissal and insults, and a deep feeling of self righteous virtue. I hate, therefore I Am. How empty! How revealing.

I remember being told to question authority. Do it now at your social media or relationship peril.

Amazing. Sad. Very discouraging.

Ponichiwa
500 post plus club

Postby Ponichiwa » Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:44 pm

AK, you're reading from a pretty old playbook. Disagreement = hysteria ("PMSNBC", "the Ho") and all of the negative feminine characteristics that go with it. That's so 1890s. Let's elevate the discussion a bit, huh? I'm seeing a lot of "dismissal and insults", alright, but I'm not seeing it from where you're pointing.

Re: sources, websites get revenue via clicks/ad views. Can't speak for everyone, but I certainly don't want to support spurious journalistic sources when I can find both a) primary sources elsewhere (e.g. CSPAN) and b) more reputable sources who actually do legitimate fact checking.

Ryeissa

Postby Ryeissa » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:49 pm

Ponichiwa wrote:AK, you're reading from a pretty old playbook. Disagreement = hysteria ("PMSNBC", "the Ho") and all of the negative feminine characteristics that go with it. That's so 1890s. Let's elevate the discussion a bit, huh? I'm seeing a lot of "dismissal and insults", alright, but I'm not seeing it from where you're pointing.

Re: sources, websites get revenue via clicks/ad views. Can't speak for everyone, but I certainly don't want to support spurious journalistic sources when I can find both a) primary sources elsewhere (e.g. CSPAN) and b) more reputable sources who actually do legitimate fact checking.

What do you guys think of the actual video? Lets talk about the actual content of this thread. this discussion of sources usually disintegrates into MY favorite source is the BEST and MOST FACTUAL. What is legitimate fact checking? Depends on who you ask.

Anyways this one source aside, there is plenty of support for the content of this article/video from many sources, including "reputable places".

Ex-Obama adviser: Why Biden must fire his national securitywww.usatoday.com
Ex-Obama adviser: Why Biden must fire his national security adviser for Afghanistan failure ·

blob

Postby blob » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:00 pm

re: sources: I agree with Ponchiwa. I enjoy reading sources that offer varying opinions to the ones I typically have. In fact, I seek them out. But I want them to be reputable. That goes for liberal sources as well.

If the video is found in reputable sources, I would love one of those links and will gladly watch the video. I don't like giving 'clicks' to places that are essentially spam.

And as I said earlier, I don't consider myself a Biden fan. I am very grateful he won. But I don't agree with a lot of his ideas or past actions. It is very possible to not be critical of some decisions of a president and supportive of others. It's not an all or nothing kind of deal.

Abby Kogler
Herd Member

Postby Abby Kogler » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:29 pm

blob wrote:re: sources: I agree with Ponchiwa. I enjoy reading sources that offer varying opinions to the ones I typically have. In fact, I seek them out. But I want them to be reputable. That goes for liberal sources as well.

If the video is found in reputable sources, I would love one of those links and will gladly watch the video. I don't like giving 'clicks' to places that are essentially spam.

And as I said earlier, I don't consider myself a Biden fan. I am very grateful he won. But I don't agree with a lot of his ideas or past actions. It is very possible to not be critical of some decisions of a president and supportive of others. It's not an all or nothing kind of deal.

But who decides what is spam, really.

And reputable? Like Rolling Stone? USA Today? The Times? They have ALL posted outright false stories.

Its also interesting how little attention if at all Biden July call with Ghani recieved. Asking a leader to lie. Hmmm.

Biden said he hadnt heard anyone who wasnt thrilled at the events that transpired. This video that I posted features influential democrats saying the opposite. But its not “ reputable”… hokay.

Fro four years we heard incessant outrage about LIES. And FAKE NEWS. Its all pretty fluid apparantly.

Parliament has never censured an American president. Ever. So… Joe apparantly wasnt listening. Were all you Biden peeps listening? Do you not know or just not care that he is lying?

Poni, I check everything off CSpan. Its amazing how something I watch live on cspan and then how efited/different it will be on the various outlets.

Ryeissa

Postby Ryeissa » Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:03 pm

Again what is "reputable"? A video is a video.....Biden just isn't listening. After what we are seeing now with COVID and Texas abortion ban this is deeply troubling.

Abby Kogler
Herd Member

Re: Re:

Postby Abby Kogler » Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:46 pm

Koolkat wrote:
Abby Kogler wrote:And to anyone who took my Vagina of Color comment as offensive, pray tell what qualifications Kamala Harris had to be VP.

All over FB and the media was the Historic Event! A Woman of Color as VP WHEE! Yay! Our dreams have All Come True! A Vagina! and a Vagina of Color! We are saved! The world will now be a safer, gentler, place.

You are CONFLATING, by your own description an "ugly post" vis a vis "vagina of color", and a "rational" discussion about the VP's qualifications. They have nothing to do with each other.

What exactly were Ms Harris's qualifications? What ini her record or character made her the BEST choice for VP out of the entire political world?

A woman who couldnt even make it through a primary? A woman who couldnt even carry her own STATE in the primary? A woman with no executive experience?

You tell me why she was the most qualified. The hagiography that surrounded her appointment was all about what a "fighter" she was blah blah blah. Oh, and that she was 'of color'. And ' a woman'. Historic!!

Shes done a great job on the border issue, hasnt she. Showing real leadership!

Edited to add: in the grand scheme of ugly posts sneering at and wishing death on frightened mistrustful people is higher on my graph of ugly than distilling someones qualifications to their essence. Is vagina a dirty word all of a sudden? Is PoC an epithet? I didnt think so….
Last edited by Abby Kogler on Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ryeissa

Postby Ryeissa » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:10 pm

where is she, anyways? total lack of leadership on every level....Completely disappointed in both Biden and Harris. The US is imploding into chaos, strife, COVID, economic issues, and fear.

"As of Aug. 31, 43% of registered voters had a favorable opinion of Harris and 50% had an unfavorable opinion — a net rating of -7 percentage points, according to a Times average"
https://www.latimes.com/projects/kamala ... other-vps/

Abby Kogler
Herd Member

Postby Abby Kogler » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:38 pm

Ryeissa wrote:where is she, anyways? total lack of leadership on every level....Completely disappointed in both Biden and Harris. The US is imploding into chaos, strife, COVID, economic issues, and fear.

"As of Aug. 31, 43% of registered voters had a favorable opinion of Harris and 50% had an unfavorable opinion — a net rating of -7 percentage points, according to a Times average"
https://www.latimes.com/projects/kamala ... other-vps/

The DNC and their propaganda wing gave us this duo. Anyone paying attention to Biden the last 40 years could have seen this coming. And Harris. And anyone watching Biden read through his 'press conferences' can see that he is not well. Hide behind 'oh he stutters1' and "he so composed!" and all the other excuses and defenses one hears/reads, but there is a reason Nancy was all over the 25th amendment and it wasnt because of Trump. If I didnt dislike him so much I would feel sorry for him. But at this point I feel sorry for all the voters now realising that they were had. And for the rest of us carried along in this shitshow.

Koolkat
500 post plus club

Postby Koolkat » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:49 pm

Abby Kogler wrote:Edited to add: in the grand scheme of ugly posts sneering at and wishing death on frightened mistrustful people is higher on my graph of ugly than distilling someones qualifications to their essence. Is vagina a dirty word all of a sudden? Is PoC an epithet? I didnt think so….

Intellectually dishonest.

Abby Kogler
Herd Member

Postby Abby Kogler » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:35 pm

Koolkat wrote:
Abby Kogler wrote:Edited to add: in the grand scheme of ugly posts sneering at and wishing death on frightened mistrustful people is higher on my graph of ugly than distilling someones qualifications to their essence. Is vagina a dirty word all of a sudden? Is PoC an epithet? I didnt think so….

Intellectually dishonest.

How so, pray tell?

And I missed your list of her qualifications for the office… other than Woman (V) and Ethnicity (C).

Ryeissa

Postby Ryeissa » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:17 pm

Abby Kogler wrote:I feel sorry for all the voters now realising that they were had. And for the rest of us carried along in this shitshow.

it definitely is that....

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”