Anyone practice Tai Chi?

A forum dedicated to getting the rider healthy and fit and ready to ride!!
texsuze
500 post plus club

Anyone practice Tai Chi?

Postby texsuze » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:21 pm

I saw a magazine ad for a Great Courses DVD on "Mastering Tai Chi". Twenty-four sessions, 30-minutes each. Mom, who will be 85 next week, used to do tai chi many decades ago ;) I'm willing to give it a good attempt to see if it can benefit my overall health. Pilates irritates my pelvic area, I dislike running and what it does to my knees, and I haven't tried yoga yet. I work out with a personal trainer once a week and it would be nice to have something I can do here at home without having to drive into town.

Input?

piedmontfields
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Re: Anyone practice Tai Chi?

Postby piedmontfields » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:54 pm

I practiced t'ai chi almost 25 years ago and am planning to start a class again this month! It is very low-impact and great for cultivating balance physically and mentally. I am a long-time yogi but am seeking a more gentle class since I have a lot of physical (joint) limitations. My DH is going to join me.

texsuze
500 post plus club

Postby texsuze » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:29 pm

Got my Tai Chi DVD last week ;) Now just finding the time to begin the series when I can have a spate of uninterrupted days to get into it......

Dapple Field
Herd Member

Postby Dapple Field » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:16 pm

DH and I are doing a Tai Chi for Arthritus at the senior center in town twice a week. It is helping with balance but boring as heck.

Return to “Rider health and fitness”