Health and fitness 2021

A forum dedicated to getting the rider healthy and fit and ready to ride!!
demi
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Re: Health and fitness 2021

Postby demi » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:58 pm

You look marvelous, Chisamba!

Flight

Postby Flight » Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:33 am

You are looking great Chisamba!

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:43 am

thanks, the problem of course is periods of waning motivation. I find I have to hold myself accountable by weighing daily. so when an upward trend starts, i.motivate myself to be.morw mindful about what I eat

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:13 am

I need a group hug. So in the past 3 years I have managed to break bad eating habits, develop healthier eating habits. learned to avoid think of all food as good and nutrition so that I don't get into deprived and self pitying diet pitfalls, and lost weight. yay. some things really work for me.

if I feel that stupid constant craving for something , I prepare a serving, put it on a plate, turn off all electronics. enjoy it gulitlessly with a nice drink. I taste each mouthful. eat mindfully, and yes. it really works to stop that mindless snacking and grazing.

anyway, the point I am trying to make is that I feel like I have changed habits so that I can sustain my weight loss. but here is the sad part. I sm still short of my goal. I still need to lose a few pounds and it's been a few months and I am simply maintaining my current weight. I feel like the slimmer and fitter I get, the harder it is to lose.

some one tell me I am not alone in this.

Flight

Postby Flight » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:20 am

Chisamba wrote: I feel like the slimmer and fitter I get, the harder it is to lose.

some one tell me I am not alone in this.

Yep, it gets harder the closer you get to your ideal or goal weight. Well done with such a good, consistent weight loss and maintain though!!
You might have to try a little tweak in what you are eating, to lose those last few pounds, but everyone is different and you have to stick to what works for you.

heddylamar

Postby heddylamar » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:33 am

That's always been a huge challenge for my spouse too, Chisamba. Once he gets started the weight falls off steadily, and then he plateaus forever.

In addition to what Flight suggests, maybe back even further away from the scale? E.g. instead of weighing yourself weekly, try every other week, or every three weeks? Spouse won't do that, but I've found it helpful for myself when I'm stuck. Then I continue doing all the things and see progress again.

demi

Postby demi » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:37 pm

((((Big old hug Chisamba. )))) You are one tough chic and I’m betting that you will manage to lose the last few pounds.

I am still working at it myself. I think that one of my own problems is that I was in the habit of drinking a glass or two of wine almost every evening. It was and escape. I cut it out for the month of June and then got off track when I went to my neice’s destination wedding the end of July. I drank some nice wine with family for 5 days and when I got back to TX I continued the nightly drinking, for a month….I’m back off now and have been for 2.5 months. It’s an adjustment because no alcohol made me eat more..I think I’ve finally got the eating under control again and have lost a few pounds just from the absence of the wine calories. Its a battle.

Return to “Rider health and fitness”