13 yr 14.1 h welsh cross gelding, N. Nevada, New Price!

Be sure to include location of the item in the ad
Fzybtfrm
Greenie

13 yr 14.1 h welsh cross gelding, N. Nevada, New Price!

Postby Fzybtfrm » Wed May 08, 2019 1:09 pm

Marley has been in dressage training for the past several years and has scored 68% at 2nd level test 3. However, he hates it! I spent all winter working on flying changes and he is late, just barely, about 40% of the time. Since he can go no further as a dressage mount, I have decided to sell him as a trail horse, which he excels at. He is, of course, very well trained, easy about tying, clipping ( has been body-clipped) farrier, trailering, etc. But ( isn't there always a "but"?) he has trust issues and takes a while to bond with his rider. He takes his confidence from his rider and if he doesn't have it he can be timid and reactive to things. Even when a new person gets too close to him while I am grooming, the head comes up and he is suspicious. I won't tell you how awful he was when I got him, but it was all fear, and over time I showed him there is nothing to be fearful about, that he could trust me to take care of him. I cannot keep three horses in work, and would love to find him a happy home where is can find that bond with someone else and serve as the best trail horse ever. Very non- reactive on trails, goes out by himself with no problem, easy keeper, lives in or out no problem ( never been confined to a stall as far as I know), has been blanketed, sheeted, fly sprayed, and hosed off with no problem. I am asking $800 for him as he has no particular value as a dressage horse, he tolerates arena work but will go no higher. He knows shoulder in, travers, renvers, a baby half-pass, mediums, TOH, TOF, and does a nice change, most of the time, you have to have a good eye to see that he's late behind a lot. Never lame or off, have not pursued if his late changes are related to discomfort or done any intervention that way.He is very relaxed NOT doing dressage work, and has more whoa than go. Will not sell without personal visit. Located 25 miles east of Carson city, Nevada.Please email fzybtfrm@gmail.com if you are interested in him or seeing videos on you tube.
Last edited by Fzybtfrm on Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Sue B
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Re: 13 yr 14.1 h welsh cross gelding, N. Nevada, New Price!

Postby Sue B » Tue May 14, 2019 4:11 pm

How old is he and how tall is he?

Oh, soory...I am so dumb. SOme how I missed that info in the TITLE of your post.

Fzybtfrm
Greenie

Postby Fzybtfrm » Sun May 19, 2019 1:08 pm

Marley has been sold.

steward
Greenie

Postby steward » Tue May 28, 2019 3:17 pm

Congrats on selling next time i wish to buy

Fzybtfrm
Greenie

Postby Fzybtfrm » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:17 pm

SOLD.

Return to “For Sale!”