Peter Amris training videos

A forum for discussion of training in dressage
Anne
Herd Member

Peter Amris training videos

Postby Anne » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:17 am

We stumbled across a series of training videos presented by a Danish chap called Peter Amris. Here's the link to the first in the series of 12:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj3SvvZ91w4

I really like his approach and way of explaining things, and thought you other boardies might find something to enjoy and/or discuss.

demi
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Re: Peter Amris training videos

Postby demi » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:17 am

I just briefly checked the vids out and they look like something I'll like (when I can find the time!) Thanks for posting.

calvin
Herd Member

Postby calvin » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:44 pm

Thanks - I just watched two of these lessons (before I rode) and found them really motivating. Solid basics look beautiful when done well. Even something as "simple" as walk-trot- walk, done correctly, is absolutely lovely to watch. This was a good reminder to be more diligent.

Hayburner

Postby Hayburner » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:20 am

I found him a couple months ago and enjoyed watching his videos.

demi

Postby demi » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:02 am

I took Calvin's idea and watched some of the vids (A thru D) before I rode today. I like his program and I was reminded to concentrate on straightness. Concentrating on straightness, in turn, caused me to be diligent in my seat and position, and to keep my hands quiet. REALLY quiet. It seems I need these reminders over and over. And when I stick to the program the results are obvious

I'm going to watch some more of his vids now...

galopp
Herd Member

Postby galopp » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:17 am

THis one is quite nice for a baby (part E) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPYtjFUIwtc (and always he pats and says 'ruig/ruhig" (calm/good boy)

digihorse
Novice

Postby digihorse » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:47 pm

I watched the whole series. Nothing earth shattering... just good "old fashioned" dressage. Poor guy. I'll wager he fights anti Dutch trainer stuff because of the Roll Kur crowd. He obviously is not part of that. The videos are nicely done, and put a great mental image in the rider's mind of what they want to look like... what they should be feeling. Good find and thanks for the links.

Return to “Dressage Training”