So sad--Totillas dies at 20

A forum for discussion of training in dressage

Moutaineer
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Re: So sad--Totillas dies at 20

Postby Moutaineer » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:59 am

Sad to see such a great horse go. Especially from colic, poor guy.

khall

Postby khall » Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:31 am

I so enjoyed watching Totilas go in the 2010 WEG. Such an incredible athlete even though I’m not a big fan of Gal.

Sorry to hear of his death. He has lots of progeny all over. A farm in Portugal that we visited was breeding their black Lusitanos to Totilas and his sons. A stable full of mostly black WB/Iberian crosses from weanlings to young stallions. Some gorgeous horses.

Ryeissa

Postby Ryeissa » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:06 pm

He wasn't my personal fav but he was definitely talented. RIP totalis.

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:48 am

all the things I hated about Totilas had nothing to do with him. he must have had extraordinary heart and " ethic" i hesitated to use the word ethic because perhaps it doesn't really apply to horses but I was at loss for a better word. I hope whatever heaven horses go to allows him to be a " normal" horse.

Flight

Postby Flight » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:13 am

I like what you said Chisamba, I feel the same way.

blob

Postby blob » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:26 pm

Chisamba wrote:all the things I hated about Totilas had nothing to do with him. he must have had extraordinary heart and " ethic" i hesitated to use the word ethic because perhaps it doesn't really apply to horses but I was at loss for a better word. I hope whatever heaven horses go to allows him to be a " normal" horse.

Maybe 'ethic' is not the right word--but it's probably quite close imo. A horse's mentality plays a big role in how successful they go. And I don't mean just in terms of being trainable and sensible. But also some horses simply seem to have a lot of 'try' in them. And i imagine he was a horse that showed up to the arena day after day ready and willing.

khall

Postby khall » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:52 pm

I was charmed by Totilas at WEG. Watching him trying to play with his ribbons during the awards ceremony and then loping along on a loose rein as they took their victory pass.

I agree blob he showed up to work each day with a good heart and so much try. I really appreciated that in him.

Return to “Dressage Training”