Dublet and Salvino, why we haven't seen them, Salvino's GP video

A forum for discussion of training in dressage

Chancellor
Site Admin

Re: Dublet and Salvino, why we haven't seen them, Salvino's GP video

Postby Chancellor » Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:47 pm

Salvino's piaffe has some nice sit! But in her opening canter coming into the ring, it looked a bit like she was "shoving" him with her seat. Don't get me wrong, she is a lovely rider. I'm nit picking.

Tanga
500 post plus club

Postby Tanga » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:27 pm

Chancellor wrote:Salvino's piaffe has some nice sit! But in her opening canter coming into the ring, it looked a bit like she was "shoving" him with her seat. Don't get me wrong, she is a lovely rider. I'm nit picking.

Agree. As a judge, I would describe it in the forehand. His canter is huge and he is dropping in front. You can see later in the test, he stays much more up and collected, not dropping in front at all, and that huge canter comes up under.

This is not as nice as I have seen him, but in general, he is SO much more relaxed and doing his job than he used to be. It's been a long road for her getting him to where he needs to be. I think when they really get there, they will be amazing.

KathyK
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby KathyK » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:21 pm

Salvino belongs to a friend. This success has come via a long, difficult road, with lots of heartache. I could not be happier for her.

Return to “Dressage Training”