The Betty White Challenge

A forum for discussion of training in dressage
Chancellor
Site Admin

The Betty White Challenge

Postby Chancellor » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:53 pm

Good morning everyone!
Today would have been Betty White's 100th birthday. Her love of animals was well known.

In honor of her, I have donated $50 to Pittie Love Rescue and an additional $50 to Angels Among us rescue.

I would like to challenge all of our members to do the same. Any animal rescue works for me! Post here if you have risen to the challenge.

Sue B
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Re: The Betty White Challenge

Postby Sue B » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:44 pm

Aww, that's a sweet idea. Gotta think on it. :mrgreen:

Srhorselady
Herd Member

Postby Srhorselady » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:47 pm

Chancellor, What a wonderful idea! In memory of Betty White and my mother who shared a birthday and a love of animals. Donations made to Arizona Humane Society, Halo, and Morris Animal Foundation. The latter funds a LOT of very valuable animal (horses, dogs, cats, etc and all kinds of wild animals) health research.

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:10 am

I donated to the Blue Ridge Bull Terrier Rescue, which is where i adopted my dog. I think its a lovely idea.

heddylamar

Postby heddylamar » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:06 am

Donated to the Metropolitan Guinea Pig Rescue. They're near and dear to us and our cuy herd <3

khall

Postby khall » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:17 pm

I’m fostering a coonhound and have for over 3 weeks and will have some outlay from his neuter and radiographs coming up.

I also regularly donate to a couple of rescues one is a small rescue local to me the other is a pit bull rescue that does incredible work in Dallas Georgia Friends to the Forlorn. Because pitties have my heart.

texsuze
500 post plus club

Postby texsuze » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:54 pm

Great idea! We donate annually to our local SPCA (not sure what month) but will let you know.

And, last month we adopted a yellow lab mix who (if we can train him correctly!) will be our first canine family member in 10 years. His expenses for neuter and all the full monty vet stuff have totaled $693 (!), not to mention some serious coin dolled out to Chewy for essential accessories...!

Return to “Dressage Training”