A question for those cosmetically inclined

PhoenixRising
500 post plus club

A question for those cosmetically inclined

Postby PhoenixRising » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:36 pm

I am no good with makeup, at all. However I have been trying to branch out some and learn a bit more. I have fallen in love with lipsense products, so I'm wanting to try their shadow sense line. I know I want to try the sandstone and the mocha java, but what should I get for a 3rd color? I was thinking maybe one of the smoked topaz? I know I like some shimmer, but It's probably overkill for them all to be shimmer right? Help a girl out! :lol: Pictured is the colors the rep sent me, and a closeup of my eye. I have always thought my eyes were hazel, but I'm not sure they aren't green either.
Attachments
IMG_5124.JPG
IMG_5124.JPG (211.1 KiB) Viewed 6089 times
IMG_5126.JPG
IMG_5126.JPG (65.82 KiB) Viewed 6089 times
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams, live the life you've imagined!

AirsAboveNC
Novice

Re: A question for those cosmetically inclined

Postby AirsAboveNC » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:27 am

The smoked topaz and the bronze would both be lovely. You could also wear the mystic moss quite nicely if you wanted to bring that green out in your eyes.

galopp
Herd Member

Postby galopp » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:03 pm

I have green/hazel eyes. A color which is also recommended to make a pop with them is a purple. (I tend to only use whites/browns...but I do like some of the purples. I am brunette.) So for blonde, maybe a lighter variety of that? Mulberry

Minz
Novice

Postby Minz » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:32 am

Hazel eyes shift between brown and green depending on light and surrounding colour conditions. They can have a dominant colour of either brown or green. If you think they may be green, they are probably hazel with dominant green. True green eyes will not look brown under any conditions. That said, as a blue/green eyed person, I don't feel competent to comment on bringing out the brown elements, but if you want to bring out the green, I second mystic moss, and love the smoked topaz and bronze. I think with the first two colours that you picked (which are lovely), garnet might be a better choice than the smoked topaz (even thought that is my favourite of the bunch ;) )

Hayburner
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby Hayburner » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:17 am

My hazel/green eyes look best in pinks and purples with dark liner.

If I wear Browns, beiges, etc people ask if I'm tired!

PhoenixRising
500 post plus club

Postby PhoenixRising » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:31 pm

Thank's for all the suggestions!
I ended up getting the MJ Shimmer, the Sandstone Pearl matte, Smoked Topaz Shimmer, and Mulberry. I have trouble making choices :lol: I'm excited for it all to get here so I can try it on.
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams, live the life you've imagined!

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”