Rico, day two (video)

Amado
Herd Member

Rico, day two (video)

Postby Amado » Mon May 08, 2017 1:21 pm

Second day with some turnout in the pasture (which is *really* wet), he sees the slow moving but rumbly loud train that runs a few times a week just below the church across the street (that Street is Route 1, it starts in Fort Kent and ends in the Florida Keys). You can feel that train in the ground, and it freaked him out a little! What cracks me up is that he ran to tiny tiny Buddy for safety. And the Buddy is unfazed. And the way I talk to him - like he can 1) hear me, and 2) understand what I am saying. :lol: :lol: But I am really glad he ran to the barn. And not through the fence.

https://youtu.be/6VXnLpfNFTI

KathyK
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Re: Rico, day two (video)

Postby KathyK » Mon May 08, 2017 5:29 pm

Sensible boy. And oh, so handsome!

Sunshine2Me
Herd Member

Postby Sunshine2Me » Mon May 08, 2017 6:17 pm

Very handsome boy!

Flight

Postby Flight » Tue May 09, 2017 1:30 am

LOL I love how you talk to him, I do it too :)

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Wed May 10, 2017 9:28 pm

I love how he walked a bit toward his fear after a bit.

Amado
Herd Member

Postby Amado » Wed May 10, 2017 10:34 pm

:lol: Yes, that half lusitano bullfighting thing showed up eventually. I love how Buddy just stood there, and turned his head to Rico - like "Dude - you're ok".

Amado
Herd Member

Postby Amado » Wed May 10, 2017 10:40 pm

Oh, and Buddy lunges! I took my homemade flag out (a square of white plastic garbage bag attached to the end of a white carriage whip, which I call my "parsnip stick" :lol: , and as soon as I pointed it at his shoulder, he went out and circled around me - then I was able to get it just with the loops of the lungeline. He is freaking ADORABLE. And sooo fat. So we mostly walked, just a little trot. Rico has a cow when I take him out of the barn, I have to do everything where he can see us (which is easy, buddy is so tiny, the barnyard is the perfect size for working him). Funny thing is, when I take Rico out, he'll totally go out of Buddy's sight, especially when there is hand grazing involved. Which means I should have no trouble getting him over to the arena on his own. (He's pretty herd bound, and is not a horse that is easy to get out on the trails by himself)

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”