How To Post Photos?

Tarlo Farm
500 post plus club

How To Post Photos?

Postby Tarlo Farm » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:07 pm

I've searched and found only one post and it wasn't what I need to know. How do I post photos here from my Mac?

Chancellor
Site Admin

Re: How To Post Photos?

Postby Chancellor » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:15 pm

Well, first I am not a Mac person. But I will try to explain. The image size needs to be fairly small. Do you know how to resize a picture?
Are you getting errors?
Are you using the full editor and preview or the quick reply?

Literiding
Herd Member

Postby Literiding » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:50 pm

When I tried to write a reply about posting photos, but every time I tried to post, I got asked to log in again and it didn't take. So I couldn't upload photos either.

But after starting all over again, I've been able upload the photos. Something isn't quite right.

But if you can, in the full editor, below the new text box, there are two tabs, "Options" and "Attachments." Select Attachments. Then drag your photo to text box and you'll see it appear in the Attachments Tab. "Place inline" button allows the photo to be mixed with the text. Otherwise the photo is in the footer.

Sample:

Chipper - Right side.jpg
Chipper - Right side.jpg (163.75 KiB) Viewed 4802 times

Next post I'll cover resizing if too big.
Last edited by Literiding on Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Literiding
Herd Member

Postby Literiding » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:14 pm

In the Mac the resizing is simple. For the iPad and iPhone it is possible but a bit more cumbersome and has to be done in the photo viewer.

On the Mac, double click the photo's name and/or icon.

In the Preview command line, click on "Tools."

Scroll down to "Resize" and click. WARNING -- this will permanently change the size of the file. It is best to copy the photo to your desk top to edit and then delete it when uploaded.

Accept the defaults and type 700 to 900 in the "Width" box (this command changes your photo to 700 to 900 pixels wide from what ever it is currently). Check the change in size at the bottom of dialog box. I didn't get a size warning on my two photo but I believe it's about 500 KB maximum file size. If your photo is still too big, make the width smaller, instead of 700 type 600 until the photo is small enough.

The defaults for the "Resize" tool are:
Fit into: "Custom"
Width: and Height: locked and the pull down tab is "pixels" (these display the current width and height of the photo in pixels)
Resolution: Displays the current resolution of the photo in "pixels/inch"
Check in the "Scale proportionally" box
Check in the "Resample image" box.

Tarlo Farm
500 post plus club

Postby Tarlo Farm » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:28 pm

Literiding wrote:But if you can, in the full editor, below the new text box, there are two tabs, "Options" and "Attachments." Select Attachments. Then drag your photo to text box and you'll see it appear in the Attachments Tab. "Place inline" button allows the photo to be mixed with the text. Otherwise the photo is in the footer.

This is all I needed, thank you. I can resize VERY easily on a Mac

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”