Hey Guys :) What a year...

Linden16
Herd Member

Hey Guys :) What a year...

Postby Linden16 » Wed May 18, 2016 6:59 pm

Nice to find y'all again :)

Many updates - I am having another knee reconstruction (double patellar realignment with cadaver grafts) next wednesday. My mother died suddenly and horribly 1 week before my birthday in April, and I am moving to a new town the day after my knee surgery.

Tell me it's going to be ok! I don't have anyone to help me move in once I get back from Banff, and I won't be allowed to walk for at least 4 days. After that, crutches and non-weight bearing or bending the leg for 4 weeks. Ugh. Probably will be on crutches close to 4 months, last time I was.

Again, nice to see you all <3

Moutaineer
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Re: Hey Guys :) What a year...

Postby Moutaineer » Wed May 18, 2016 8:38 pm

I was wondering only the other day where you'd got to!

I'm sorry to hear about your mother. I lost my father at the end of March, so I feel for you.

I hope the knee works out this time. How is your back doing?

It will be OK in the end. Has to be really, doesn't it?!

Tuffytown
Herd Member

Postby Tuffytown » Wed May 18, 2016 8:47 pm

Linden, Missed you all around ;)

It will be ok. Is there any sort of temp labor agency you could hire help?

Here's to quick healing.

orono
Herd Member

Postby orono » Wed May 18, 2016 8:48 pm

Can you pre-move before your surgery so that you only have to move yourself afterwards? I lost my father suddenly a few months ago, I know how difficult and shocking it is.

piedmontfields

Postby piedmontfields » Wed May 18, 2016 8:55 pm

Linden, wishing you all the best with surgery and the move. The "pre-move" idea is a good one!

Don't be a stranger here.

Linden16
Herd Member

Postby Linden16 » Wed May 18, 2016 9:01 pm

So nice to hear from you guys! Orono and Mountaineer, I sm sorry for the loss of your parents as well. Hugs all around. It's a shock that's for sure.

The current tenant does not move out until the last weekend in May, and I get back from Banff surgery on May 28th. She'll be in there for 3 days past my return to town, and I think I will have to spend those first few days after surgery in a motel. I can bring my trailer with everything packed in it, to park at the house this weekend, but can't actually move anything or set up a bed etc.

On the plus side, it's a gorgeous loft apartment on 50 acres. Django will be so happy!

Jamie

Astral
Herd Member

Postby Astral » Thu May 19, 2016 12:41 am

Glad you're back! Good luck with the surgery and the move... stuff always seems to happen all at once.

You said that you don't have anyone to help you move when you get back... even though you're not using a moving company, sometimes they do offer the service of loading/unloading, regardless of how the stuff was transported. The more other people can do for you while you're on crutches, the better! (I mean, you already know that, and I'm sure you're better on crutches than me - I can barely hold onto my car keys!)

Linden16
Herd Member

Postby Linden16 » Thu May 19, 2016 1:28 am

I will look into that for sure! It's a very painful surgery so I won't likely be up and about at all for the first 6 days, just to the bathroom and back. Or maybe they'll let me stay in hospital until I can move into my place- the normal stay is 2 nights, and for me since I'm travelling alone and home alone, my surgeon did say I should stay a couple extra nights, especially if my pain control isn't good enough.

But a moving company to unload is an xcrllent idea as I'll need at least some stuff while I'm non-ambulatory.

I was told to take a month off work, and wait until my first post surgical checkup for clearance to return. My first post op check is June 20, 4 weeks post op.

It's really nice to find the UDBB community after all these months. I missed everyone!

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Thu May 19, 2016 1:47 am

Good luck with the knee!!

Flight

Postby Flight » Thu May 19, 2016 3:23 am

Yes, have noticed your absence especially miss your advice in the training section.
Sorry to hear about the loss of your mother :(

I vote for staying in hospital the extra days, take the time to get over the surgery! Hopefully you can get people to help you with your move.

Anne
Herd Member

Postby Anne » Thu May 19, 2016 8:01 am

Good luck with the knee surgery and with the move! And so sorry to hear of your mother's death - my dad died in October last year and his absence is a gap in my life.

Take good care of yourself (and the lovely Django), and I'm *really* looking forward to any contributions you make to the training forum especially.
Welcome back!

PaulaO

Postby PaulaO » Thu May 19, 2016 12:59 pm

Prayers and white light that the surgery and move go smoothly. Do what you need to do to take care of yourself. Do not overdo unpacking. There's nothing you have to have except a bed, toiletries, and a coffee pot. And toilet paper!

There is a service in my area called Visiting Angels which provides companionship and light housekeeping. For a fee, of course. Maybe there is something in your area like that. Talk to the hospital social workers/discharge planners. They are of enormous help.

KathyK

Postby KathyK » Thu May 19, 2016 1:07 pm

I was thinking just two days ago how this board needed Linden - I guess I conjured you up! I'm so sorry about your mother, and I do hope you manage to maneuver through the surgery, the move, and your recovery without too much trouble. Welcome back!

Kyra's Mom
500 post plus club

Postby Kyra's Mom » Sun May 22, 2016 1:18 am

So sorry about your mother. So tough.

Jingles for a successful surgery and easy (as can be) recovery.

Thanks for checking in.

Susan
from susamorg on the UDBB

Linden16
Herd Member

Postby Linden16 » Sun May 22, 2016 10:01 pm

Thanks you guys :) 4 sleeps until Banff. Starting to get anxious!

I haven't forayed into the training forums yet but will soon!

boots-aregard
Herd Member

Postby boots-aregard » Mon May 23, 2016 1:17 am

Sorry about your mom. And your move on top of that with your surgery is just terrible timing! Universe, why are you loading up on Linden?

Yeah, find a moving company who will help with the unpacking. I wish I could help but there seems to be this THING about people moving at the end of May/beginning of June. I'm missing my sister's move as well as the move of a good old friend. Yikes.

Sue B

Postby Sue B » Mon May 23, 2016 9:40 pm

Jingles for your surgery--I hope the rehab isn't TOOOO awful or long. So very sorry about your mom, what a shock. Cyber hugs is all I can send I guess.

I look forward to seeing you in the Training lounge some day soon. :-)

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”