Who IS the horse of the month for August

Chancellor
Site Admin

Who IS the horse of the month for August

Postby Chancellor » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:33 pm

Writing this for Tuddy:

TH Javier Yonka - barn name "Yonka"

Yonka is a purebred Canadian Horse. He is the third one I purchased and came to the realization that I am a hoarder of this breed of horse. I seen Yonka's (along with his half brother, same age) ad on a Craigslist type site and asked my husband if I could have one of them. The price tag was $800 each at the time. My husband, who's motto is "a horse is only worth what a person will pay for it" looked at his ad and said, "When they are $500 you can go have a look". It was also his way of saying, "You have three horses, you don't need another". But, as it always happens, my husband ate his words when one day, when I came home from work and said, "Those little Canadians that you said I couldn't go look at until they were $500 are now $500. I am going to go look at them tonight". And I must tell you, at that moment, my husband was behind the wheel of the truck, with the trailer hooked up, loaded with cattle that he was hauling for the neighbor and couldn't even stop me. You could see him hang his head in defeat and hear him say, "In other words, don't deck the trailer when I get home with it".

I went to see the pair of geldings, and Yonka pretty much came up to me and said, "Hello, can I come home with you?" and I said, "Yup, just let me go pay the nice man". And now I have a little yellow Canadian that is the brattiest little thing you will ever meet. He lives up to his hashtag name, #blondebastard.

I bought him as a pretty much unhandled just turned three year old. I let him be for his 3 year old year and just did ground work and get to know you sessions. When he turned 4, I took him to my current trainer's place where she put three good months of ground work and desensitizing into him. He was saddled, bridled and ground driven, but never sat on. He was, and still is, a little to immature for that. He is back home where his growing up, physically and mentally.

He is a little thinker and problem solver. You got a fence that needs escaping, he's the one to call. You got a barn door that needs opening, just let him give it a go, he'll have 'er open in no time. Bales that are in said barn that look like they are stacked to neatly, yup, he can rearrange that for ya too. He is the reason I have to color my hair now.

What are my plans for this guy? Well, his sire did pretty good in the jumper ring, and he is pretty quick on his feet, so I have a feeling that the jumper ring will be his calling too.

Moutaineer
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Re: Who IS the horse of the month for August

Postby Moutaineer » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:49 am

Nice!!!

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:13 am

Lovely tale!

PaulaO

Postby PaulaO » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:26 am

Cute! What does the TH stand for?

Chancellor
Site Admin

Postby Chancellor » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:06 pm

This is Tuddy's horse not mine. You'll have to get her to answer your questions

Tuddy
500 post plus club

Postby Tuddy » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:21 pm

PaulaO wrote:Cute! What does the TH stand for?

The 'TH' stands for Turtle Hill. When a Canadian is registered, there are three parts to the name. The farm name, the name of the sire, then the given name.

TH (farm) Javier (Yonka's sire's given name) Yonka (his name).

:D

PaulaO

Postby PaulaO » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:44 pm

No offense, but how come he was only $800? Was he broke to ride?

Ryeissa

Postby Ryeissa » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:09 pm

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”