If you like a good riding vest (CostCo)

StraightForward
Bringing Life to the DDBB

If you like a good riding vest (CostCo)

Postby StraightForward » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:50 pm

I have a bit of a vest problem. Walked into CostCo today and they had lightweight, packable down women's vests on sale for $14.99 :shock: I was skeptical, because I'm pretty fussy about them being the correct length, flattering fit without being constrictive, collar can't be annoying, etc. This one was PERFECT, and available in about 5 colors (all conservative). I bought a plum one and one that is sort of olive/camo. Super light and fits like a glove. Not a tough material though, so you'd want a shell over it for doing barn chores.

Thought I'd pass the word on for anyone else who loves a good riding vest, since they're so incredibly priced. :)
Keep calm and canter on.

AirsAboveNC
Novice

Re: If you like a good riding vest (CostCo)

Postby AirsAboveNC » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:54 pm

I do love a good vest! They're never long enough for me, though. And sadly I am not a Costco member.

PaulaO

Postby PaulaO » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:54 pm

My friend is a Costco member.....

StraightForward

Postby StraightForward » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:34 pm

AirsAboveNC wrote:I do love a good vest! They're never long enough for me, though. And sadly I am not a Costco member.

Ha, I have the opposite problem. They're often too long; I don't want the vest getting stuck between my butt and the cantle, or bunching up around the pommel. These sit just below my hip bone, but I have a fairly short torso for my height (5'9").
Keep calm and canter on.

AirsAboveNC
Novice

Postby AirsAboveNC » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:17 pm

StraightForward wrote:
AirsAboveNC wrote:I do love a good vest! They're never long enough for me, though. And sadly I am not a Costco member.

Ha, I have the opposite problem. They're often too long; I don't want the vest getting stuck between my butt and the cantle, or bunching up around the pommel. These sit just below my hip bone, but I have a fairly short torso for my height (5'9").

I carry most of my extra weight at my waist and I need something that doesn't cut across the middle of that! Basically I want it long enough to cover my crotch.

KathyK

Postby KathyK » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:45 pm

I've bought from the website several times without being a member. You pay a small premium.

AirsAboveNC
Novice

Postby AirsAboveNC » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:25 pm

KathyK wrote:

I've bought from the website several times without being a member. You pay a small premium.

Thanks for the tip! I looked at it online but it is definitely too short for me. :(

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”