Soloshot3

musical comedy
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Soloshot3

Postby musical comedy » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:06 pm

I'm pi$$ed and I just sent them off a nasty email. Have any of you ordered one and have you heard anything from them? Their website is a disaster and their facebook is not up to date. I can't even find a phone number for them. They respond to email with canned answers. We ordered this thing last fall with an early spring delivery date. They keep postponing it. I suspect they are having problems of some sort and if it eventually does arrive, there will be issues with it. The latest they said they would be getting shipped Mid-October and would inform those that pre-ordered a couple weeks in advance of shipment. Since we haven't heard anything, that means we are not getting it Mid-October. I am so sick of crappy customer service and crappy products. :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

demi

Re: Soloshot3

Postby demi » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:35 pm

Well, dang it! I just posted in the training forum that i was looking forward to getting one. I didnt pre-order.
Keep us posted.

StraightForward

Postby StraightForward » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:46 pm

Very annoying. The continual delays are keeping me from pulling the trigger on ordering one. I think I'll wait until people start receiving their units and reporting on how well they work.

If you want to cancel your order and aren't getting a response, perhaps you can open a case with your credit card company.
Keep calm and canter on.

musical comedy

Postby musical comedy » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:00 pm

Here's the reply I just received. See, now it is the 'end' of October early November. And the 'we expect' means they aren't even sure about that. I come from a generation where this kind of thing wasn't common and I have trouble accepting the way business is done today.

"Thanks for reaching out to SOLOSHOT!

We expect to begin shipping end of October/early November, through December/January. Unfortunately I am unable to provide you with an exact shipping date at this time -- we won't have that information until we begin pre-order shipping.

You are more than welcome to cancel your pre-order at any time during this pre-order shipping period, should you ever feel cause. That being said, I hope you decide to stick with us, seeing as we're almost there and yours was one of the first placed! If you do decide to cancel, the funds would be refunded to your original form of payment, and would hit your account in the next 5-7 business days.

I know this pre-order has been more than frustrating, but I hope you stick it out. I would hate for you to walk away from this without anything to show for it!

That being said, either way I want you to be happy with your decision.

Best,
Matt P. with Team SOLOSHOT"

Flight

Postby Flight » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:08 pm

I did a pre-order aaages ago and have been told shipping in November. Being in Oz, I expect I'll get mine later.
BUT I think it will be really good. If they've taken the time to iron out any bugs it will be worth it. I've had the soloshot2 for a while now, and I'm sure there was delays when it came out too.
Yes, there were problems with this unit but the customer service is excellent. Be even better for people in the US because they replaced stuff for free, except for shipping, which is pricey to get to here. I use my soloshot2 all the time and if the upgrades for the 3 are as advertised it will be much easier to use.
I say hold tight till the end of the month and see if they've started shipping.

exploding pony
Novice

Postby exploding pony » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:12 pm

I've been debating doing a pre-order. This would solve so many problems for me, if the thing actually works. But I'm hesitant and concerned based on all the delays.

Flight

Postby Flight » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:40 pm

I'm actually not that worried about the delays and I think that's because of all the contact I've had with them with the soloshot2, and how much I use the 2.
But hopefully I get mine in the next 4 weeks and I can definitely say that it's awesome!

musical comedy

Postby musical comedy » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:44 pm

Pfft. Well, I contacted them again via FB Pm. I am so sick of their apologies and the "thank you for your patience" replies. I can see that they have not yet published the latest delay, but they told me in the FB reply that they expect to deliver in March 2017. We ordered in September 2015!! What I think is that they are using pre-order money to fund their work. We got this at the 50% off price, so we'll probably end up selling it soon after it comes because I am on borrowed time with my elderly horse. I wanted to get some good video before he is retired.

Flight

Postby Flight » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:45 pm

Whaaattt! March??!!
I was hoping for mine in the next couple of weeks. That is starting to annoy me now.

StraightForward

Postby StraightForward » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:47 am

That is really annoying! I checked the website the other day and it was saying any day now.

If you do want to sell yours next year, let me know though. Hoping I'll have use for one by early summer.
Keep calm and canter on.

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”