Need Secret Santa gift ideas

PaulaO
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Need Secret Santa gift ideas

Postby PaulaO » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:22 pm

Not for my person here, from another board. Don't know if my giftee is male or female, but s/he lives in the Netherlands, so that lets out chocolate. This is what s/he wrote: I read anything, but particularly enjoy history, science, or real life (like true crime, scientific divulgation, traveler's tales). I also like the color red, sour candy, and whatever can be considered weird or unusual.

Our limit is around $10-$15. I suppose I can find red sour cherry candy, but what is considered weird or unusual???? I don't think a picked head would be appropriate.....

Mareless
Herd Member

Re: Need Secret Santa gift ideas

Postby Mareless » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:41 pm

Is there anything the area you live in is known for? Something that is not common elsewhere? Perhaps you could send something to do with that? Or is there a book about strange things in your state? For instance, I live in Michigan, and there is a book called Weird Michigan that is about strange places/odd things in the state. Even if your person can't travel to those places in person, s/he can read about them (and maybe make a vacation destination someday)

Kelo
Herd Member

Postby Kelo » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:53 pm

Maybe go to a candy store that sells bulk candy and get tiny little samples of many different sour candies that you can put in bags tied with a ribbon? I'm sure there are some US candy that someone from the Netherlands have never been able to try...

And I like the idea Mareless has of something unusual regarding your region. Who knows what might be unique in your area, but that would be fun! A book or postcards with an explanation on the back or who knows?

Sounds like a fun deal!

Sunshine2Me
Herd Member

Postby Sunshine2Me » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:15 pm

How about a book on the Mafia! Chicago is known for that!!! LOL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sue B

Postby Sue B » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:00 pm

How about the book, Death by Black Hole by Neil DeGrasse Tyson?

PaulaO

Postby PaulaO » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:20 am

Good ideas! I live about 60 miles west of Chicago and my town is known for nothing. I do like the books suggestions and my friend told me to get candy called Shockers.

goneriding
Herd Member

Postby goneriding » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:41 am

Send peanut butter. Europeans think that is really weird lol

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”