Mundane and pointless: I'm wearing a belt

PaulaO
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Mundane and pointless: I'm wearing a belt

Postby PaulaO » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:08 pm

I never ever wore a belt with breeches. Ever. Well, a few weeks ago I bought a pair that are NOT high waisted (where oh where are the breeches of yesterday that came up to my armpits?) and every few minutes I was tugging them up. I broke down and bought a C4 belt (navy with white bits, thank you) and I'm wearing it right now. I don't have my shirt tucked in cuz the world isn't ready for that, but so far the belt is doing its job. It will interesting to see if it works while actually riding tonight...

Kyra's Mom
500 post plus club

Re: Mundane and pointless: I'm wearing a belt

Postby Kyra's Mom » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:18 pm

:lol: .

Do let us know how riding goes.

Susan
from susamorg on the UDBB

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:08 am

the breeches i wore today had the opposite problem, i mean so high waisted i might have been able to stretch them over my boobs. So i rolled them like a sausage.

You might find you like a belt. :)

Moutaineer

Postby Moutaineer » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:57 am

Funny isn't it? I always wear a belt, don't feel dressed without one. My dad would send us back upstairs to put one on if we came down to breakfast without one on when i wad a kid.

If it has belt loops, then it has to have a belt.

Flight

Postby Flight » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:09 am

I hate wearing a belt, but I have problems with jods because I need them to fit over my bum and thighs, but I have a waist so they gape at the back and fall down. I need to find a really flat belt that doesn't stick out much.

Mountaineer, even if you wear a shirt out over the top? I feel the need for a belt if I tuck in.

heddylamar

Postby heddylamar » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:36 am

Belts look great, but every time I wear one with a dress to work I'm regretting it by lunch. It's an endless loop of holding my stomach in (which is laughable), no matter if it's a loopy, decorative belt or a stretchy belt.

Fortunately britches stay up, or riding would be miserable!

PaulaO

Postby PaulaO » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:03 pm

I cut off belt loops on dresses. The loops are never at my waist.

Wearing the belt with breeches last night was great. My breeches stayed up and the belt didn't break....I ended up tucking my shirt in gave me additional lumps around my waist :roll: But that's o.k. And I did 3 canter transitions Woo-HOO. Lately the canter has been my bugaboo but I'm getting over that.

piedmontfields

Postby piedmontfields » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:33 pm

Sounds like a great ride! I love how belted breeches look, but I hate how they feel. Maybe I'll try again.

StraightForward

Postby StraightForward » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:58 pm

I wear the Piper breeches from SmartPak and everyone would be seeing my crack if I didn't wear a belt :lol:. This spring I found a lovely sterling buckles and finally found a blue leather belt to go with it about two weeks ago.
Keep calm and canter on.

PaulaO

Postby PaulaO » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:09 pm

I also have the Piper breeches and they sag, but not as badly as my newest pair. I figure I'll wear the belt with the Pipers, even though the belt is navy and the breeches brown. Or do I need another belt?????

Xanthoria
Herd Member

Postby Xanthoria » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:45 pm

PaulaO wrote:Wearing the belt with breeches last night was great. My breeches stayed up and the belt didn't break....

And I did 3 canter transitions Woo-HOO.

How can a person even DO canter transitions if they are worried their pants might fall down? I see a definite correlation here. :mrgreen:

PaulaO

Postby PaulaO » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:20 pm

I have no shame and wouldn't care if my underpants were sticking out while doing a canter transition :mrgreen:

Hayburner

Postby Hayburner » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:36 am

I use to wear a belt especially with the smartpak Piper breeches. Thank goodness I only bought one pair of them, they are my least favorite ones.

I'm a convert to fits now and when I tuck my shirt in, I just pull the shirt out enough to cover the loops.

Love Mango Bay belts! The buckle is not noticeable nor can you feel it. They make pretty equestrian belts that
Last for years and they can go in the wash!

mld02004
Herd Member

Postby mld02004 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:40 am

What is it with the pipers? I feel like everything fits great and the waist is huge (belt basically fixes the problem). I've read it in the reviews too. I wish they would look into changing the waist!

StraightForward

Postby StraightForward » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:23 am

mld02004 wrote:What is it with the pipers? I feel like everything fits great and the waist is huge (belt basically fixes the problem). I've read it in the reviews too. I wish they would look into changing the waist!

They made the mid rise that addresses that problem, but they are a little too tight in the lower leg for me, so those get tugged down too if I don't wear a belt.
Keep calm and canter on.

mld02004
Herd Member

Postby mld02004 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:36 pm

Ah, I suppose I will have the same problem, my lower legs are not thin by any stretch! I do like the stretch of the fabric.

kande50

Postby kande50 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:59 pm

I like loose breeches held up by a belt because belts are so much more adjustable than waistbands. Not that I need a belt once I'm in the saddle, but the belt does keep them on before and after.

LeoApp
Herd Member

Postby LeoApp » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:24 pm

Xanthoria wrote:
PaulaO wrote:Wearing the belt with breeches last night was great. My breeches stayed up and the belt didn't break....

And I did 3 canter transitions Woo-HOO.

How can a person even DO canter transitions if they are worried their pants might fall down? I see a definite correlation here. :mrgreen:

Xan for the win! As usual you manage to crack me up with your witty and dry humor!

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”