Where did UDBB posters go?

musical comedy
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Where did UDBB posters go?

Postby musical comedy » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:47 pm

There are many regular posters that are not showing up here. A few occasionally post on COTH, but not much and only a few. UDBB FB isn't all that active either. Am I to believe previoulsy active UDBB posters just cold turkey quit posting on forums? Or...is there some underground forum somewhere they all went. I seem to remember there was a private forum at one time. It's a shame, because this board has so much promise. FB is no replacement for discussion forums.

Chancellor
Site Admin

Re: Where did UDBB posters go?

Postby Chancellor » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:49 pm

By all means, invite them to join.

PaulaO

Postby PaulaO » Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:40 pm

Some are over on The Dressage Forum.

I hope there is no seekret club or private forum. We will have to infiltrate! LOL

silk
500 post plus club

Postby silk » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:46 pm

Some may choose not to post here for various reasons (I remember some people saying they wouldn't come here, or to the other forum that started, usually personal reasons to do with history). But they may not know about DDBB!

Sunshine2Me
Herd Member

Postby Sunshine2Me » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:38 pm

I recall someone on UDBB saying there was a "seekret club" joined by invitation only. Apparently I'm not popular so I don't get to join that clique. I shall try to trudge through life carrying that knowledge with me forever.....

demi

Postby demi » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:52 pm

I was a reader of UDBB for several years and there are several posters that I miss. Mostly they were in the training forum but I often liked Mike Matson's stuff on the Observation board. I don't have an FB account so I miss a lot of the quick, light stuff that Mike re-posted on UDBB.

demi

Postby demi » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:57 pm

Sunshine2Me wrote:I recall someone on UDBB saying there was a "seekret club" joined by invitation only. Apparently I'm not popular so I don't get to join that clique. I shall try to trudge through life carrying that knowledge with me forever.....

I just looked you up on the "tell me about yourself" thread. You are merely a child at 51, but please join us older folks on the Sr. thread! You are formally invited! But only if you post more pictures of your arabian. He is beautiful with his 4 white stockings. He is technically a Sr. anyway, so that should be credential enough to get on the thread!

Chancellor
Site Admin

Postby Chancellor » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:06 am

silk wrote:Some may choose not to post here for various reasons (I remember some people saying they wouldn't come here, or to the other forum that started, usually personal reasons to do with history). But they may not know about DDBB!

At least TWO of the people with whom I have argued in the past have joined here.

PaulaO

Postby PaulaO » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:50 pm

What did Groucho Marx say? "I would never join a club that would accept me as one of its members." :D

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:52 pm

I think the membership here climbed fairly quickly, i think perhaps i am not as good with remembering names as others, but i see a lot of the people i enjoyed joined here, now if they would continue to post regularly it would make me happy

KathyK

Postby KathyK » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:54 pm

demi wrote:I was a reader of UDBB for several years and there are several posters that I miss. Mostly they were in the training forum but I often liked Mike Matson's stuff on the Observation board. I don't have an FB account so I miss a lot of the quick, light stuff that Mike re-posted on UDBB.

Just mosey over the CoTH board. He posts them all there.

Rhianon
Herd Member

Postby Rhianon » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:03 pm

There would also be a certain percentage of folks that didn't happen to be on when it all went down. I almost missed it, and I'd say I'm a pretty heavy user. :lol: One local friend who doesn't post much just asked me the other day where everybody went.

Chancellor
Site Admin

Postby Chancellor » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:20 pm

Rhianon wrote:There would also be a certain percentage of folks that didn't happen to be on when it all went down. I almost missed it, and I'd say I'm a pretty heavy user. :lol: One local friend who doesn't post much just asked me the other day where everybody went.

Hopefully, they will eventually find their way to one of the two boards that has sprung up to "replace" UDBB.

Astral
Herd Member

Postby Astral » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:02 pm

I don't go over to CoTH anymore - to those who do, was there ever a post there discussing the demise of the UDBB and subsequent spin-off boards? It seems like that's the "back-up board" for a lot of people - when the UDBB was down even for a few hours, people used to congregate there...

I'm a horrible person, I know, but I'll admit that I'm rather enjoying the absence of certain posters...

DJR
500 post plus club

Postby DJR » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:39 pm

Astral wrote:I don't go over to CoTH anymore - to those who do, was there ever a post there discussing the demise of the UDBB and subsequent spin-off boards? It seems like that's the "back-up board" for a lot of people - when the UDBB was down even for a few hours, people used to congregate there...

I'm a horrible person, I know, but I'll admit that I'm rather enjoying the absence of certain posters...

Yes, there were two such threads that I'm aware of. I didn't keep up with them so I'm not sure if DDBB was linked.
formerly known as "Deanna" on UDBB -- and prior to that, as "DJD".

TeresaB
Greenie

Postby TeresaB » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:43 pm

I just checked out The Dressage Forum. Seems less active than DDBB, but familiar names. Did the 'old/previously known as' GVF start that forum? Seems she said she was going to start up something. I'd be really curious and lurk around to see what that's like. Oy vey.

Woost2
Herd Member

Postby Woost2 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:49 pm

Yes to former GVF.

Chancellor
Site Admin

Postby Chancellor » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:01 pm

Yes, the person formerly known as GVF helped start The Dressage Forum. She does day that she gave ownership to someone else who wishes to remain anonymous.

She is also on UDBB on Facebook along with me.

PaulaO

Postby PaulaO » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:24 am

There was a thread on CoH about the demise of UDBB and the majority of posters said they never went there and didn't care if it died.

Sue B

Postby Sue B » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:38 pm

Can't we be happy for the folks who are here? Why must "we" always compare to COTH? I'm happy here, happy when and if others join, and assume there are a number who simply lurk these days. There are so many formats out there, ready to fill a particular need. This format suits me, but most likely doesn't suit others. Celebrate the friends who are here and sharing their lives.

PaulaO

Postby PaulaO » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:18 pm

Hey, I'm happy with everyone that is here. I would never compare this place to CoH. Different worlds. I like this world.

Snork
Herd Member

Postby Snork » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:09 pm

Well, scruffy is back and bascar was already there so my life is complete - someone, quick, bring in the microwave! :lol:

scruffy the cat
Herd Member

Postby scruffy the cat » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:24 pm

<Rubbing my hands together in preparation for thinking up something really horrible with which to drive bascar crazy>

bailey
Herd Member

Postby bailey » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:33 am

I Love our new forum and everyone here. How great is it that we're having the holiday card exchange and the kringle exchange too-we rock!

That said, I miss Mike Matson..... My gramma used to hum this silly song....won't you come home Mike Matson, won't you come home....! Anyone (old timers) remember it?!
ps, I don't think it was Mike Matson, but Mike somebody....

The calmer I am, the stronger I am.

Canyon
500 post plus club

Postby Canyon » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:36 am

bailey, this is a bit ironic. I know the song as, "Won't You Come Home Bill Bailey."

Yes, I am officially old :lol: .

Moutaineer

Postby Moutaineer » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:37 am

I thought it was "Bill Bailey," Bailey! :)

Moutaineer

Postby Moutaineer » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:38 am

Ha, Canyon.... snap!

bailey
Herd Member

Postby bailey » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:51 am

Oh you guys are right....sign me embarrassed!
Bailey (but not Bill Bailey!)

The calmer I am, the stronger I am.

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”