WEG tickets?

Baroque
Herd Member

WEG tickets?

Postby Baroque » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:06 pm

Has anyone got their WEG dressage tickets yet?

I find the WEG website most confusing, I booked the full dressage package last year and got an invoice. The website says you get a confirmation email and a link to download tickets but I haven't got anything other than the invoice.

Also does anyone know what is happening about shuttles to and from the venue? We have now got a company apartment somewhere around Asheville which we will be staying in because its partly a business trip but I'd like to know whether there will be shuttles available from there and how to book them so I don't have to get a rental and drive on the other side of the road... :roll:

piedmontfields
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Re: WEG tickets?

Postby piedmontfields » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:06 pm

I'm afraid I have no info, as I have been too annoyed by how the WEG tickets are offered/sold and the ridiculous local housing prices to actually bother to buy tickets. I know I should go (it's a few hours from where I live)---but I'd frankly rather spend thousands of dollars in Europe than in NC!!!! :lol:

Good luck.

Chancellor
Site Admin

Postby Chancellor » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:33 pm

I ordered mine too and have heard absolutely NOTHING. This is going to be a disaster I am afraid.

Baroque
Herd Member

Postby Baroque » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:41 pm

Chancellor wrote:I ordered mine too and have heard absolutely NOTHING. This is going to be a disaster I am afraid.

:evil: It's looking a bit that way isn't it?! I've had nothing as well other than the invoice when I paid for the full stressage package.

Well I'm coming a looong way to get there so I want to make sure that everything is in order before I start thinking about booking flights!

I can always do other work related stuff for that week or a fibre tour maybe even go back to the Woolery in Kentucky... but it won't be as much fun as being at WEG.

I just wish they would get some information up about the ticketing and the shuttle services then I will be able to relax a bit. I can probably always borrow one of the spare company cars but as it's such a long way away and I'm not sure of our apartment address yet, I wanted to see what other options were available.

piedmontfields
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby piedmontfields » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:02 am

Argh, that is concerning for those who have bought tickets. There is a bit of a thought here that it is a mess.

Baroque, if you are stuck in the region, please do get in touch. We are less than 3 hrs from Asheville.

Canyon
500 post plus club

Postby Canyon » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:23 am

http://www.ashevilleshuttle.com/

Contact this company if you are getting desperate; they run a regular shuttle service between the Asheville and Charlotte airports. Maybe they could drop you off at Columbus (which is on the way), and you could ride an event shuttle from there.

Or, maybe they will be running shuttles right to the WEG!

Canyon
500 post plus club

Postby Canyon » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:32 am

http://www.ashevilleshuttle.com/

Contact this company if you are getting desperate; they run a regular shuttle service between Asheville and Charlotte. Maybe they will be running shuttles right to the WEG or have other suggestions.

Chancellor
Site Admin

Postby Chancellor » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:37 am

Baroque,
We will be getting a car so we can help you out too.....and if you go to the Woolery in KY, let me know! I'll go too!

Baroque
Herd Member

Postby Baroque » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:31 am

Chancellor wrote:Baroque,
We will be getting a car so we can help you out too.....and if you go to the Woolery in KY, let me know! I'll go too!

I'm not sure where our apartment is, I think it's probably in Asheville but the company office is in Hendersonville so it may well be closer to there if I am lucky.

I'd love another trip to the Woolery, I just loved that place and so did my VISA card! :lol:

Baroque
Herd Member

Seat allocations & tickets

Postby Baroque » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:51 pm

Does anyone know when the tickets will be emailed out, they say this is happening after "seat allocations" but I can't find any information as to when this will be?

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”