Long over due Twins update

clanter
Herd Member

Long over due Twins update

Postby clanter » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:19 pm

OK... M&M ...I was incorrect when I said the twins are ten, the are actually eleven headed toward twelve.

Since neither were expected to survive as babies it is good to report that both are in excellent health, both are usually competing with each other to see who is the top overall student in their classes. They have a love for animals and insects, enjoy fishing and out door life.

They are delightful
Attachments
IMG_4440.JPG
IMG_4440.JPG (146.31 KiB) Viewed 23349 times
IMG_4434.JPG
IMG_4434.JPG (136.95 KiB) Viewed 23349 times
IMG_4435.JPG
IMG_4435.JPG (141.91 KiB) Viewed 23349 times

scruffy the cat
Herd Member

Re: Long over due Twins update

Postby scruffy the cat » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:58 pm

Lovely girls.

Kirby's Keeper
Novice

Postby Kirby's Keeper » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:51 pm

How time flies. Such beautiful girls, Clanter!
Proud member of the Ilks Club ;)

Tarlo Farm
500 post plus club

Postby Tarlo Farm » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:37 pm

Oh my!!! In addition to the items you mentioned, they're beauties! And it's so nice to see greenery in the neighborhood after your many years of dust and drought. Hugs!

clanter
Herd Member

Postby clanter » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:07 pm

this September and October were the wettest since they began keeping records around here in the 1890s... we got just about 38 inches of rain from September 2nd to October 31st (normal annual rainfall is about 44 inches)

As a result we had an unusual reassurance of misquotes. Our youngest daughter's last competition horse, Prairie Hill Mulligan, contracted West Nile even though he had been vaccinated early in the year. He was 25 (?) and had a few other underlying issues combined with the West Nile he could not overcome. We have been told now that aged horses (15+) should be vaccinated every six months if misquotes are active.

So we are down to one Morgan. George who was our oldest son's NATRC horse George is 26 but acts like a two year old, the resuced TB who has the defective left front leg Haley who we always believed would need to be put down when Mulligan would die because she could not be separated from him, she worshiped the ground he stood on..... but I let her inspect his body she smell him up and down looked at me then turned walked off and has been at peace (she will look into his stall to see if he there but does not go into fits when she doesn't she him).

And the three miniatures ... and Charlie the pony who is over 40 but under 45

Chisamba
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby Chisamba » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:10 pm

So nice to hear from you again

clanter
Herd Member

Postby clanter » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:13 am

scruffy the cat wrote:Lovely girls.

I will dig up a photo of their mother at the same age, they could have been triplets

Their mother has followed our youngest son into photography.... she specialized in new births documentation

Youngest son is still has his business based in New York City and still has offices scattered around the world. Personally he has focused on film work mainly commercials (all of Express Clothing's TV commercials -(he did the complete layout, direction and filming of the "Kris Bryant" Express Mens commercial that was used in the 2016 World Series ) and much of Victoria Secret) and documentaries ..he was the director of cinematography on "Letter to My Mother" which won Best Short Documentary at last year's Madrid International Film Festival.

Funny thing about son, he is engaged to a very nice girl who is from Norway.... that's nice son, where is she from in Norway as you remember all of your mother's family on her father's side came from Norway.... turns out from the same village son's fiancee is from ...

goldhorse
Herd Member

Postby goldhorse » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:52 am

Thank you for the update Clanter. I always enjoyed reading about the twins and Foxy and now 2 Morgans have landed in my lap.

clanter
Herd Member

Postby clanter » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:28 am

goldhorse wrote:and Foxy .

Foxie was a special horse to many, the interesting thing was she never did the discipline she was purchased for.

We had gone back to Kentucky to find an aged English Pleasure horse. But I saw her as a long yearling, she was just special...her eyes would follow me... so I bought her leaving her with the farm to be entered training as a two year old. She was to be our kid's English Pleasure horse, after all every horse on the farm and all of her siblings had been English Pleasure. She ended up doing everything but English Pleasure.

scruffy the cat
Herd Member

Postby scruffy the cat » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:24 am

Thanks for the update of Youngest Son and your daughter. I always like to hear them.

My youngest has become an artisan, making the most beautiful handmade knives and the occasional dragon. He's also in welding school to pay for his art habit. lol.

leoknife.jpg
leoknife.jpg (34.13 KiB) Viewed 23257 times
Attachments
leodragon.jpg
leodragon.jpg (28.38 KiB) Viewed 23257 times
Leoknife2.jpg
Leoknife2.jpg (80.95 KiB) Viewed 23257 times

clanter
Herd Member

Postby clanter » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:18 am

scruffy... those knives are beautiful pieces of art.... your son, he must be 18 or so now?

scruffy the cat
Herd Member

Postby scruffy the cat » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:08 am

21 in April!! Time flies.... He's come a long way. He was so troubled and is much better. I'm proud of how he dug himself out of a really dark place.

clanter
Herd Member

Postby clanter » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:27 pm

scruffy..... same for our younger son, he was he one we were wondering if he was ever even going to get out of high school... it took some negotiation with the school board to establish an alternative pathway for him of photography (which is still offered today)... he has several learning disabilities but making friends/sizing up a situation and not being intimidated are not at all a problem for him those come easily for him

I remember when he was doing a new set of stage photos for Angela Lansbury when she came back to Broadway in 2007.... he was so excited to call his mother to tell her all about Angela Lansbury since he knew my wife liked the show Murder She Wrote ...he told her "in real life she was just as friendly as she was seen to be on Murder She Wrote".

And I wonder at times that if he had remained here he would most liekly be flipping burgers

I seem to remember you encouraged your son to be involve in the robotics competitions? Has he entered into any of those knife making competitions?

Tarlo Farm
500 post plus club

Postby Tarlo Farm » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:54 pm

LOVING all this catching up!!

Rockabilly
Herd Member

Postby Rockabilly » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:03 pm

clanter wrote:
goldhorse wrote:and Foxy .

Foxie was a special horse to many, the interesting thing was she never did the discipline she was purchased for.

We had gone back to Kentucky to find an aged English Pleasure horse. But I saw her as a long yearling, she was just special...her eyes would follow me... so I bought her leaving her with the farm to be entered training as a two year old. She was to be our kid's English Pleasure horse, after all every horse on the farm and all of her siblings had been English Pleasure. She ended up doing everything but English Pleasure.

Yes, and Foxie. I have missed you very much and so glad to see you here again.

Sue B

Postby Sue B » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:49 pm

Welcome back Clanter. So nice to hear how the next generation is progressing as well as your own kids.

clanter
Herd Member

Postby clanter » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:55 pm

for those who are not aware of the Foxie horse, her full name was Shamrock Foxie Joy... but some of winning credits she was named Foxie Lady by ride officials- why? they thought that name fit her.

Our youngest daughter and Foxie were the same ages so they kind of grew up together. At four Foxie came home to live in our backyard stable (our trainer's wife told us point blank we were going to ruin a preferably great horse --she had gone from an inexperienced lass to winner of everything during the two years she spent being shown nationally) What really ticked trainer's wife off was my refusal to sell Foxie as offers were endlessly coming in... after she won Western Pleasure Championship one grand parent presented me a check... told me to write in whatever "I wanted for the horse, sorry dude I can not sell my kid's horse

Well, trainer's wife was wrong as Foxie continued her winning ways with the kids in the Class A show rings and was transformed into a competitive trail horse as a sideline... which was interesting. During her first ride's Pulse and Respiration (P&R) vet check that is done on each leg of a ride there is an allowable cool down period- often the saddles are removed to help the horse regain hear rate and respiration ...well she thought, Saddle Off so this must be the Championship line up-- she squares herself up, has head up, Ears forward and Look Pretty... every one was amazed What is she doing? As all the other horses had dropped their head, standing at ease just trying to take the time to rest.... oh she thinks this a line up.

After a few rides I guess some of the other horses who were laughing at her evidently told her , dear the idea is to get you heart rate down and control your breathing ... which she learned quickly to the point by her third or forth ride she beat them all.
Attachments
B&W posed.jpg
B&W posed.jpg (117.88 KiB) Viewed 23200 times
Foxie and Karen at Woodfins.jpg
Foxie and Karen at Woodfins.jpg (95.52 KiB) Viewed 23200 times

M&M
Herd Member

Postby M&M » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:50 pm

She was a beauty, inside and out.

Scruffy, what a great update! And your son does beautiful, beautiful work.

Clanter, that top photo with all the animals... <3

Rockabilly
Herd Member

Postby Rockabilly » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:00 pm

It makes me feel like it's old home week for friends.

clanter
Herd Member

Postby clanter » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:48 am

M&M wrote:
Clanter, that top photo with all the animals... <3

:lol: .... that is some of the animals ... Sage my wife's German Shepherd Dog is not there as she wants to police the activities... the other white miniature is out of site, the rescued TB filly is out of site as she really is not a kid's horse type- she is not dangerous but unpredictable is a hall mark for her.... and Eco the cat is missing

The Golden believes her job in life is to be admired,
one of her jobs is working as a Reading Dog at the local library.... kids who have a hard time talking to people will read to her
Sacha the reading dog Jan 2017.jpg
Sacha the reading dog Jan 2017.jpg (85.79 KiB) Viewed 23164 times

scruffy the cat
Herd Member

Postby scruffy the cat » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:23 am

clanter wrote:scruffy..... same for our younger son, he was he one we were wondering if he was ever even going to get out of high school... it took some negotiation with the school board to establish an alternative pathway for him of photography (which is still offered today)... he has several learning disabilities but making friends/sizing up a situation and not being intimidated are not at all a problem for him those come easily for him

I remember when he was doing a new set of stage photos for Angela Lansbury when she came back to Broadway in 2007.... he was so excited to call his mother to tell her all about Angela Lansbury since he knew my wife liked the show Murder She Wrote ...he told her "in real life she was just as friendly as she was seen to be on Murder She Wrote".

And I wonder at times that if he had remained here he would most liekly be flipping burgers

I seem to remember you encouraged your son to be involve in the robotics competitions? Has he entered into any of those knife making competitions?

Similar here. Knife-making son ended up dropping out of high school. He was in a therapeutic program by then and he finally said, "if it's so therapeutic, why do they make me feel so miserable?" Good point. 2 months later he had his GED and passed each test with flying colors. Now, in addition to the knife making, he's in a welding program as well as being a journeyman bladesmith. He hasn't entered any competitions but is pretty focused on his craft. No quarrel with that. Oh, and he borrowed my camera to take some pictures of his work and they were so great that I let him keep it. :lol:

The child with the robotics is my older one. Things are still tough for that one but we are taking it a day at a time.

I love the Angela Lansbury story, too.

chantal
500 post plus club

Postby chantal » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:16 pm

Beautiful girls clanter, and so much fun I bet!!

scruffy-my youngest has a friend who is making knives too. i don't know if he's taken his GED yet but he's following a similar path to your son. i love the thinking outside of the box. and your son was wise to realize that the therapy wasn't helping. good for him!! but he's got great parents so there is that. :D

kids, they're the best!!

clanter-my oldest, the ex-swimmer, got married in june. she's so happy!

clanter
Herd Member

Postby clanter » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:04 pm

chantal wrote:clanter-my oldest, the ex-swimmer, got married in june. she's so happy!

She can not be old enough to be marrying :shock: oh the days back when you were hauling back back and forth to the pool :lol: ... are you still biking? I seem to remember you and DH did a lot of mountain biking and he had an accident while biking?

clanter
Herd Member

Postby clanter » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:30 pm

scruffy the cat wrote:
Similar here. Knife-making son ended up dropping out of high school. He was in a therapeutic program by then and he finally said, "if it's so therapeutic, why do they make me feel so miserable?" Good point. 2 months later he had his GED and passed each test with flying colors. Now, in addition to the knife making, he's in a welding program as well as being a journeyman bladesmith. He hasn't entered any competitions but is pretty focused on his craft. No quarrel with that. Oh, and he borrowed my camera to take some pictures of his work and they were so great that I let him keep it. :lol:

The child with the robotics is my older one. Things are still tough for that one but we are taking it a day at a time.

I love the Angela Lansbury story, too.

many parents feel they are a failure (usually by peer pressure) if their child doesn't fit into the expected pathways of attending college, obtain a degree ... we were always being asked So just what is Luke doing these days since he dropped out of college as a question so they could say that their dear Johnny or Jane was now doing blob blob with their Degree.... well Luke did at one time have his entire college class working form him in his six offices scatted around the world (he has since downsized to four) ...and his group was name the number one Fashion Photography Group in China and

It takes real interest by the parent to help their children find what is the correct direction for them.... sort of like turning the horses out each morning here into the pasture.. here you dear horsy have fun today (please do NOT tear up the pasture today)

Your son will be successful as he has ventured into areas that are of great interest to him. I never expected any of our kids to be doing just what they are theses days. They are happy and doing well. I credit most of their success to having had the opportunity to have horses, show those horses and experience failure in a controlled environment. They learned how to recover from a failure. There were great heart breaking times most notable was when our youngest daughter lost a national championship she so desired by one point to another who had been showing before their mother as judge. We looked into the rules and there was nothing to prevent such from happening, so I had Her draft a rules change recommendation to submit the regional board which would forward to the national board... she lost the championship (her horse never let her forget He Won His Championship as the horse and rider were judged separately) but the rule change was accepted and put into effect ...

Silverado
Herd Member

Postby Silverado » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:47 pm

Clanter.....it's so nice to "hear" from you and to see the twins growing up!! Wonderful update!! THANKS!! Love your words of wisdom!!!

And Scruffy...amazing talent your son has!! Does he have a web site to sell knives?

clanter
Herd Member

Postby clanter » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:05 pm

Silverado wrote:Clanter.....it's so nice to "hear" from you and to see the twins growing up!! Wonderful update!! THANKS!! Love your words of wisdom!!!

And Scruffy...amazing talent your son has!! Does he have a web site to sell knives?

Silverado... thanks, are you still in the Phoenix area? I kind of remember you had just bought a new place there with room for your horses and wasn't there a summer place in Michigan? Hope all is well.

clanter
Herd Member

Postby clanter » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:53 pm

ok found an older photo of their mother when she was with a giraffe

here is one of her girls today
IMG_4435.JPG
IMG_4435.JPG (141.91 KiB) Viewed 23127 times

clanter
Herd Member

Postby clanter » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:01 pm

I think there needs to a word of explanation of why there is interest in these twins for the those who are not aware.

When my daughter first told me she was pregnant I jokingly told her as much trouble she was to raise (really she wasn't that much of pain) that she would have twins ... which was proven correct later.

The pregnancy was complicated and high risk as it was a monoamniotic twins pregnancy. Our daughter was told all the horrors by her doctor however wanted to give them a chance. She found a doctor who specialized in high risk pregnancies (who was also was treating another undisclosed couple in Hollywood who also was dealing with the same thing--- this couple out of appreciation to the doctor for his work donated a huge amount of money to the doctor to use as he wished to help others... he covered most of our daughter's medical bills with money from that donation- this couple also had built a hospital type nursery in their home which they later donated all the equipment to missionaries in Central America)

At the time the odds of either or both of the monoamniotic twins surviving was not high and of those who did survive the lessor one was usually handicapped in one form or another. For her twins to both survive and be exceptional is remarkable.

here they were at two months old

Moutaineer

Postby Moutaineer » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:05 pm

Clanter, thanks for starting this. The twins look like lovely girls.

As a kind of "universal aunt," it's so nice to hear how all these kids are growing up and blossoming!

There's so much pressure in this society to conform to artificial norms of educational progress and standards. I went through it--the furor when I dropped out of school and went to art college was stunning. My 3 stepsons went through it. But our "Black Sheep" has also found his passion and is very happy in his life with his saintly wife and 3 wild, red-headed children. And that, at the end of the day, matters more than anything.

clanter
Herd Member

Postby clanter » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:19 pm

Moutaineer wrote:Clanter, thanks for starting this. The twins look like lovely girls.

As a kind of "universal aunt," it's so nice to hear how all these kids are growing up and blossoming!

There's so much pressure in this society to conform to artificial norms of educational progress and standards. I went through it--the furor when I dropped out of school and went to art college was stunning. My 3 stepsons went through it. But our "Black Sheep" has also found his passion and is very happy in his life with his saintly wife and 3 wild, red-headed children. And that, at the end of the day, matters more than anything.

while looking for the old photo of daughter I also found this one of Luke showing at the time the number one rated model in the world that the camel was not going to hurt her..they were to have done the photo session in Great Britain but the British had imposed some ruling about models needing to weigh a certain amount, I suggest just move it elsewhere so North Africa was chosen.

He used his riding abilities
Lukeatwork.jpg
Lukeatwork.jpg (40.88 KiB) Viewed 23116 times
LukeLanter_Benny07_02_24.jpg
LukeLanter_Benny07_02_24.jpg (44.37 KiB) Viewed 23116 times

texsuze
500 post plus club

Postby texsuze » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:24 pm

Delightful update on the twins! Do they realize they have this huge fan club of folks they've never met? ;)

clanter
Herd Member

Postby clanter » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:01 pm

texsuze wrote:Delightful update on the twins! Do they realize they have this huge fan club of folks they've never met? ;)

They are somewhat aware but they take it all in stride. Their life is different than the way we raised our kids, at times I have to remind my daughter of when she was their age. I believe because there was so much question about their early life that my daughter keeps them close.

When our daughter was ten, she spent the summer in Kentucky with Foxie with our trainer's family doing catch rides for various trainers who had junior exhibitor horses whose riders were not available... we didn't see her for several months. Several trainers told me I could not afford a horse good enough for her :) -- she was a really natural rider.

Then next several summer she was at Sea World summer camps -she enjoyed working with the penguins even though she had to get up at something like 4:30 am to cut up their food... I was never successful of ever getting her up at time.... which reminds me of the time she forgot her shoes.

Our kids were in a church run school, my daughter was notorious of "daddy we need to go back and get my shoes" as she would get in the car in socks. So the one day I told her No, you will remain shoe-less today they had an assembly. There was a missionary there promoting his shoe drive for his students back in Africa who were shoe-less. He made the mistake of saying that none of you kids are ever shoe-less.... my daughter said she tried to hide under the chair.

chantal
500 post plus club

Postby chantal » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:06 pm

clanter wrote:
chantal wrote:clanter-my oldest, the ex-swimmer, got married in june. she's so happy!

She can not be old enough to be marrying :shock: oh the days back when you were hauling back back and forth to the pool :lol: ... are you still biking? I seem to remember you and DH did a lot of mountain biking and he had an accident while biking?

She is young, but very mature and ready. DH gets mad at people who say people her age aren't ready and wonders why it takes them so long to mature. I say each to his/her own and she and her husband were ready. Though we did have some long, frank discussions before they got engaged. They are extremely happy and moving forward in so many ways. It's really cool to see.

I am not biking as much. Very little in fact. Reason being I found a horse, even though I swore I would never buy another horse. I've been riding horses for other people for 30 years and it's been great but I wanted to lease one and couldn't find one. I came across my guy and fell in love. And he's a young one, 4 1/2. Sigh. Got him 3 months ago and here we are.

A few other reasons too, I was diagnosed with RA last year and it was hell until we figured out my meds. Went to 4 funerals this past summer and the idea that now is the time really hit my husband hard. It was his idea. I was window shopping. :lol: I knew the breeder really well, rode with her for 17 years and she breeds very nice horses. He is one of her last few. So, upward and onward. One of my favorite shots of us below, with my trainer at a hunter pace below. DH took it. We always have this much. We are exposing him to everything as I want a well-rounded horse but dressage is definitely in his future. (I'm on the chestnut) My trainer has me foxhunting and riding lots of horses. I moved him just a few days closer to me now and miss her way too much already. We are still going to foxhunt though. She does it to train horses. I do it to hang out with her and ride cool horses. I hadn't jumped in 30 years... and we aren't jumping high but wow it's fun!
Attachments
DSC_2442 - Edited.jpg
Mikey and Timber
DSC_2442 - Edited.jpg (106.11 KiB) Viewed 23094 times

clanter
Herd Member

Postby clanter » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:33 pm

chantal we never had to hunt the foxes as they found us

Picture117.jpg
Picture117.jpg (68.62 KiB) Viewed 23072 times

Your new horse is really nice. I remember you writing about your daughter, she was highly dedicated to swimming . Being dedicated to such a sport accelerates the mental and emotional development, they are not children very long otherwise they loose focus on the goal.

Our kids when they showed were often mistake for being in the mid twenties just because they handled themselves with maturity. Even our youngest daughter had more sense than many older people, I believe she was nine when she had Foxie at a Class A show. She was on Foxie in the warm up arena waiting for their class with fifteen or twenty other kids, I see her ride up to the ring steward to tell him she was withdrawing from the class.... as she exited the arena I met up with her... got a problem? No, those other kids do not know what they are doing and I did not want Foxie to get hurt by one running to us.

I am glade you are back riding, a good horse will take care of you.

heddylamar

Postby heddylamar » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:22 pm

The twins are really grown up, Clanter! Are they riding?

chantal wrote:She is young, but very mature and ready. DH gets mad at people who say people her age aren't ready and wonders why it takes them so long to mature. I say each to his/her own and she and her husband were ready.

It sounds like the perfect decision for them :D

DH and I got married just after I graduated college (early) at 22 and 21yo respectively. Our 18th anniversary is next month. I wouldn't change it for anything.

ZinniaZ
Novice

Postby ZinniaZ » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:05 pm

i just got over here and just reading some of your names is making me teary eyed. clanter, thank you for the update.

goneriding
Herd Member

Postby goneriding » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:06 pm

What a wonderful update! There are many lives and stories from the UDBB that are vivid in my memory, and the twins is one of them. And Foxie! She made me a big fan of Morgans.

My ds is 25 now, he's my youngest, and he is having a heck of a time finding his path. He did finish college, with some extra time and much forgiveness from his private university, but then just got stuck. He is finally working a low skilled hourly job but he is working full time and he has stuck with it. I talk with him about the skills he is gaining and how they can be parlayed into whatever he wants to do next. He is very good at technology, but it also sucks him into a rabbit hole. I see depression and anxiety putting a damper on his life, but he doesn't want to address that. I just want him to be happy.

My dd is 28 and is a LCSW at a university hospital. She has a heart for people with mental illness and she is a fierce and compassionate advocate for her clients, and a respected leader for her work team. She went through an impressive period of rebellion and lost direction as a teen, but she found a path and excelled. I am so proud of her.

My older stepdaughter has recently become engaged and there will be a wedding next fall. We are so excited to add her lovely beau to our family :)

My younger stepdaughter is a CNA at a nursing home while she has completed courses to apply to a radiography tech program. It's crazy competitive to get in and she didn't make it the first time, so will apply again next spring. She is very kind and gentle with her people and really likes her work, so I wonder if she would alternately like a career related to gerontology.

Ryeissa

Postby Ryeissa » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:07 pm

thanks for the updates everyone! how fun

clanter
Herd Member

Postby clanter » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:21 pm

I completely left my wife's accomplishments out of the updates.... she went to college after the last kid graduated. She had never been to college. She went to night school, entered a nursing program graduating second in her class of 124 (missed first place by I believe it was 0.02% of a point). Then got a nursing job working in a psychiatric nurse in the local county hospital.

As for fun she has her German Shepherd Dog who has been trained in scent work by one of top FEMA dog instructors in the county.

IMG_0062-Edit.jpg
IMG_0062-Edit.jpg (27.48 KiB) Viewed 22968 times

here is Saga as pup
Attachments
Picture151-1.jpg
Picture151-1.jpg (37.7 KiB) Viewed 22968 times

orono
Herd Member

Postby orono » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:01 am

Time sure flies clanter, the girls are growing up beautifully. :)

clanter
Herd Member

Postby clanter » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:15 am

orono wrote:Time sure flies clanter, the girls are growing up beautifully. :)

yes Saga is such an nice dog :lol: and the twins are OK too

just had dinner with younger daughter, she was telling me she told her class about the time her horse Mulligan jumped on top of the picnic table ... admittedly it was something we never thought a horse would do but he thought she wanted him up there so he did it... that horse would do anything for her

LeoApp
Herd Member

Postby LeoApp » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:52 pm

I am so happy to see a twins update, and everyone else's updates as well. Scruffy - I love those knives! Your son is very talented.
clanter you have a great memory...but I think you have confused Silverado with Silverbridge. :)

clanter
Herd Member

Postby clanter » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:48 am

LeoApp wrote:I am so happy to see a twins update, and everyone else's updates as well. Scruffy - I love those knives! Your son is very talented.
clanter you have a great memory...but I think you have confused Silverado with Silverbridge. :)

oh yes I have sorry... age. I claim age at fault :lol: and learning difficulties, remember I am have dyslexia :lol:

NancyP
Novice

Postby NancyP » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:05 am

OMG... it's a UDBB reunion!
I think I was 'Mallard' over there.
I'm in Eastern Ontario and still live on our 80 gorgeous acres with 5 ponies (2 large/1 med/2 small).
We also have 3 retired racing Greyhounds. Two are St John Ambulance Therapy Dogs and we have been reading with 3rd graders for 7 years :) along with visits to the local Long Term Care facility.

I do remember when the beautiful Clanter twins were born!

My own granddaughter is 12 and pony crazy! Her 10 yr old brother is into hockey (after all, we are from OhCanada!)

VictoriaB is a good friend and DJD still lives very close.
I still keep in touch (on FB) with 'Cyd' and Emma (can't remember her alias).
Who remembers when a few of us got together at Sues place in Merrickville... when that nice young gal from the UK came over and travelled all over, staying at different UDBB houses :)

chantal
500 post plus club

Postby chantal » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:54 am

clanter wrote:chantal we never had to hunt the foxes as they found us

Picture117.jpg

Your new horse is really nice. I remember you writing about your daughter, she was highly dedicated to swimming . Being dedicated to such a sport accelerates the mental and emotional development, they are not children very long otherwise they loose focus on the goal.

Our kids when they showed were often mistake for being in the mid twenties just because they handled themselves with maturity. Even our youngest daughter had more sense than many older people, I believe she was nine when she had Foxie at a Class A show. She was on Foxie in the warm up arena waiting for their class with fifteen or twenty other kids, I see her ride up to the ring steward to tell him she was withdrawing from the class.... as she exited the arena I met up with her... got a problem? No, those other kids do not know what they are doing and I did not want Foxie to get hurt by one running to us.

I am glade you are back riding, a good horse will take care of you.

It truly is foxchasing, they don't kill the fox unless it's sick.

And thank you, I'm partial to my guy. I've been riding for the past 30 years, mostly on, but off to have kids. But other people's horses. Cool to have my own again. And yes, kids dedicated to a sport do mature because of it.

I love the story about your daughter, good on her!!

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”