Need recommendation canister vacuum cleaner PET

Josette
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Need recommendation canister vacuum cleaner PET

Postby Josette » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:34 pm

I already have an upright Hoover pet vacuum used on my carpets (I hate wall to wall carpets) but it is too bulky to reach under the beds. Any recommendations for a canister type with the long arm and beater brush for carpets? Many models I've viewed seem to be for hard floor surfaces but I need for carpets and to clean pet hair. So frustrating to have to use multiple tools for cleaning floors. Don't even get me started on cleaning carpeted stairs. :x

I've been reading reviews on Amazon and over whelmed.....

Hayburner

Re: Need recommendation canister vacuum cleaner PET

Postby Hayburner » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:42 pm

I have a Miele - I think it's the Neptune - you can get it with a motorized head that has a beater bar for carpets or a head for hard surfaces. I like it - but, I'm a sweeper wh@re. I have 5 sweepers and 2 iRobot ones.

heddylamar

Postby heddylamar » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:01 pm

We have a upper-range, 15yo Kenmore canister. It's got the large motorized beater head for carpets, plus a smaller one for using on stair treds and couches. The arm and hose are long enough I can vacuum the ceiling fans while standing on the floor. It also has a few hard surface attachments and a brush.

My parents used the Kenmore canisters for years with 2 golden retrievers, 2 labs, and a billion house cats (3 up to 8), plus barn/farm dirt.

There are second party vendors on Amazon (plus Kenmore sells there) for bags, filters, and parts. All we've needed are bags and filters, but my parents' first Kenmore needed a belt around 18yo. Their second is about 20yo and still going strong without any first aid.

Josette

Postby Josette » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:38 pm

Thanks for your feedback. I was eyeing the Miele but am having some sticker shock although I really do appreciate the quality. (See I wouldn't think twice spending the money on a saddle but not so much on a vacumm lol!) My carpets are old and stained but I do need to vacuum up the pet hair - no choice. Some day no carpets but have to deal with wall to wall for now. I used Kenmore washer/dryer for years but never tried their vacumm cleaners - will research them. Thanks!

Hayburner

Postby Hayburner » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:48 pm

It's funny I have all those vacuums and yet I only have carpet in the bedrooms. Everywhere else is wood or tile. I don't even have an indoor pet, LOL

I'd check out the Sears models too. Yes, Miele's are nice, but really it comes down to is what is comfortable in your hand, pushing/pulling it and the amount of suction, the weight in case you have to carry it.

What I like about the Miele (which many other brands now have) Is the knob for different suction strength's.

Fatcat
Herd Member

Postby Fatcat » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:17 pm

I have the Miele Cat & Dog model with the extra turbo brush for pet hair. It's the BEST!

https://www.mieleusa.com/brand/catdog-30393.htm

Josette

Postby Josette » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:47 pm

I totally can understand your praise for the Miele - their reviews are the best. My friend also mentioned she has a Miele for years and swears by it. My carpets are so old and stained - I just don't have the extra $$$ now. I ordered a pet Kenmore vacuum so will see how it does. Someday I will have minimal carpets in a house - but that will be in the distant future. I gave up on my family room furniture too as the dogs decided to take over that room. Oh well, at least the critters are comfortable. 8-)

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”