Garth Brooks concert

DD2
Greenie

Garth Brooks concert

Postby DD2 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:45 pm

I went last night and this was the most amazing show Ive ever seen. If you get a chance to catch him on this tour, by all means, GO!

It is very clear how much he cares about his audience and wants to give them their money's worth, starting with how tickets are sold...all are the same price, $75 total no matter where you sit. He does everything he can do avoid resale such as limiting sales to 8 tix max.

The concert was LONG, over 3 hours including a brief opening act. He will play every song you want to hear so people don't walk away not having heard their own favorite and isn't trying to promote a new album with a bunch of unfamiliar stuff.

Both he and his wife, Trisha Yearwood really came across as people you would want to hang out with!

Ike
Greenie

Re: Garth Brooks concert

Postby Ike » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:03 am

I saw him this spring and it was an amazing show!

emmalou
Novice

Postby emmalou » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:48 am

I got front row tickets last night! You probably saw my hysterical face on screen! One of the best nights of my life!

Racetrackreject
500 post plus club

Postby Racetrackreject » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:50 pm

I've seen him in concert a few times and I don't even like country music, so yeah, his concerts are pretty darn good.

He did a television special a few years back and it was awesome too. It basically told the story of his life and how he ended up where he is now. He sang tons of music from all genres and it was fantastic and funny and poignant even, at times. If you can find it somewhere online, check it out. My boss started watching it one day (my DVD) and when he had to leave for vacation that day, he asked if he could borrow it to take with him. Apparently they watched it on vacation as well, so they must have thought it was pretty good too.

I loved Garth's story of meeting James Taylor. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj0Fg7MlQ4U

texsuze
500 post plus club

Postby texsuze » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:49 pm

Many (many) years ago when I volunteered at a therapeutic riding facility, one of our little wheelchair-bound riders was so very excited to be going to the upcoming Garth Brooks concert. Everyone at the barn that day heard that he would be going to see 'Garth'. So we asked, "Caleb, are you going to see Garth Brooks?"
He enthusiastically answered, "I are!!" :D

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”