Spanish Riding School

Srhorselady
Herd Member

Spanish Riding School

Postby Srhorselady » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:00 am

As a child I once saw the stallions on tour, but I don’t remember too much about it. However I’ve always wanted to see them perform in their own riding school. Well I’m going to do it! I bought the performance tickets yesterday and today I put down the deposits on the airfare and tour. In November we will fly into Prague and then take a Danube River Cruise, then return to Vienna for three days. I’m trying very hard to not think about the money and compared to what I spend on my horses there is no comparison. Any way I’m going to do it!

Weren’t a couple of you on this board just in Vienna? Any suggestions?

Chancellor
Site Admin

Re: Spanish Riding School

Postby Chancellor » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:02 pm

I was just in Vienna! If you can, do the barn tour and meet and greet with the rider. That was great even if you couldn't pet the horses.
If you can, go to Piber! It's about 3 hours outside Vienna but it was the highlight of my trip.

There is a culinary carriage ride that was phenomenal. The food was delicious and it was a great way to tour Vienna.

This was my biggest bucket list trip. It was a "YAY, I beat cancer" combined with "Boo, I'm turning 50" trip. So, we spent a lot of money on it.
I will say that we had a private guide for a lot of our trip. And she was great. PM me if you want her information.

PS. The Danube is NOT blue.

zevida
Herd Member

Re: Spanish Riding School

Postby zevida » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:47 am

What fun! I did the Prague & Vienna trip two years ago (plus Budapest) and despite not planning in advance I was able to get a last minute ticket to a performance. I also did the behind the scenes tour where we got to go through the barn, though I don't remember getting to talk to a rider so chancellor may have had an even better tour. I also got a ticket for a morning schooling session which I found a lot of fun but if you are traveling with any non horse people or even non dressage people they'll probably lose interest after 5 minutes.

Have a great time!

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”