Hips. Mine, Not My Horse's

Tarlo Farm
500 post plus club

Hips. Mine, Not My Horse's

Postby Tarlo Farm » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:38 pm

Dang, but they've been hurting for a couple weeks now! Not all the time, but just at random "tweak-y" moments. And in those moments, the pain is crippling! I'm 61, weigh 145# and am 5'7". I'm going lose five pounds or so and see if that helps, and try to force myself to sleep on my back and see if that makes any difference. Drat - too young for this!

blob
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Re: Hips. Mine, Not My Horse's

Postby blob » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:25 am

Perhaps some hip exercises/stretches might help?

acheyarcher
Herd Member

Postby acheyarcher » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:59 am

I just went through something like you are going through
My diagnosis was pelvic floor dysfunction.

First diagnostic work up was for Ovarian cancer and progressed from there. Lower torso shooting pain, almost impossible to stand upright shooting into the hips

get a doctor get a diagnosis. A urogynocologist was the one that made my diagnosis. My primary is an internist and when the transvaginal came back clean she sent me on to the UG

Mine was a follow on from an upper body injury . The stress of being off and not being able to pull ( I am an archer) weakened my core base and when I started working again, it de-compensated. It was so bad that I would spasm up at unusual moments. As the symptoms abated discomfort spread outward into the point of my hips and my glutes. The PT said my hip flexors were very tight and gave me excellent, targeted exercises. Tight hips were my bane when I was riding.

The primary therapy was trigger release and core breathing, getting the muscles to release. It took 4 months to get back into being pain free.

there are many things that can cause lower body pain, including spine issues. But thinking only bony problems overlooks and delays care if the issue is really soft tissue.

OH I just turned 62

Tarlo Farm
500 post plus club

Postby Tarlo Farm » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:01 pm

Well, so far, sleeping flat on my back most of the night has helped immensely! Not my position of choice, but when it makes this much difference, I'll manage.

Josette
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby Josette » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:12 pm

If you like to sleep on your side - a pillow between the legs helps.

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”