Verdades is retired

Tanga
500 post plus club

Verdades is retired

Postby Tanga » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:39 am

https://www.psdressage.com/laura-graves ... -verdades/

I'm sure she is doing the right thing, but this makes me sad. I was looking forward to seeing him at the World Cup and him finally being allowed to win, let alone the Olympics.

This makes our team prospects so much lighter. Dublet is super solid, but I don't think he can crack the top. Adrienne Lyle has made a lot of progress with Salvino and he's so much better, but I don't think he can, either. I hope Steffen has found his way through depression and will be competing. Supenkasper is very good, but I don't think enough experience, and Rosamunde seems disappeared. I love Shelly Francis and Danilo together, but not a top contender.

I don't see anyone else who is better than these guys, no matter what CJ thinks and how many expensive horses she buys.

http://dressage-news.com/2020/01/08/ver ... iJ7fhwo9-I

StraightForward
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Re: Verdades is retired

Postby StraightForward » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:58 am

I'm not surprised, he had a pretty long run competing at that level. I'm glad I got to see them at the Omaha WC. Maybe it's the backstory with them, but theirs was the only performance that made me tear up a bit. It will be interesting to see where LG goes from here.
Keep calm and canter on.

KathyK

Postby KathyK » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:09 am

Tanga wrote:I don't see anyone else who is better than these guys, no matter what CJ thinks and how many expensive horses she buys.

CJ?

Tanga
500 post plus club

Postby Tanga » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:45 am

KathyK wrote:
Tanga wrote:I don't see anyone else who is better than these guys, no matter what CJ thinks and how many expensive horses she buys.

CJ?

Charlotte Jorst. There was a Eurodressage article about her trying to get on the Olympic team. She was replying to everyone on the post. I posted diplomatically that it would be nice if she used all of her resources to help the Olympic team. She responded to me saying she had been on the team for six years. I responded back, "You've been on the Olympic team for six years????" Of course she's never been on a team. She went to the World Cup in Sweden I think when no one wanted to go, and Guenter brought a green horse at that level. If he had ridden her horse he could have been a top contender. We don't need someone who can buy the world's best horses that have already done it and ride them below their abilities.

Chancellor
Site Admin

Postby Chancellor » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:33 pm

Whatever happened to Rosamunde? I saw her just starting out when they did a demo ride at the World Cup in Las Vegas. I thought she had some potential.

Hayburner

Postby Hayburner » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:18 pm

Tear jerker article.....tho, he has earned his retirement that's for sure......

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”