Good wishes to you all

boots-aregard
Herd Member

Good wishes to you all

Postby boots-aregard » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:21 pm

So, I'm getting all Thanksgiving-y. It's my favorite holiday and almost the only one we celebrate. And I really think the message is so valuable to us all.

So, I'm wishing you all a wonderful Thanksgiving.

I would urge you to stop right now and look around you, where ever you are. And realize that you aren't experiencing war on your doorstep. Some of you are reading this at your place of work, so you have a job. Or you are at home, and most of us live in homes that are bigger than we need (though smaller than we'd like ;) ). You have clothing to choose from to be comfortable. You have coffee or tea or clean water, and maybe a snack in your hand right now. And most of you have transportation, and friends, and someone on the other end of the phone who will listen. And some even have horses!

Maybe some of us don't have all those things, but we have SOME of those things.

Letting gratitude into your life is absolutely free, and it can make you feel great every day. Almost nobody's life is perfect, but almost nobody has nothing to feel grateful for, either. I hope you all feel it sometime this holiday amid the hurry and scurry: that glow of gratitude behind your breastbone.

Canyon
500 post plus club

Re: Good wishes to you all

Postby Canyon » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:26 pm

Amen, boots. I believe gratitude is a very important part of living a happy life!

Chisamba
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby Chisamba » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:35 pm

Thank you, and you are correct, but I prefer the term appreciate. For me, anyway, gratitude sounds like a duty. We aught to be thankful, be grateful, an instruction. If I taste the positives as one savours good food, life is good.

I have realized that really appreciating the little things brings me so much daily joy.

Thank you for reminding me again, and I wish to you, and all who read this, joy in your living.

Chancellor
Site Admin

Postby Chancellor » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:52 pm

A fantastic reminder to us all.

awa
Novice

Postby awa » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:42 pm

Thank you, boots. I am especially grateful for the riches in my life today. I wish you all the same.

piedmontfields

Postby piedmontfields » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:21 pm

As we say in the south, good wishes to all y'all! In a crazy world, there is still much to appreciate and feel grateful for.

PaulaO

Postby PaulaO » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:43 pm

Thank you for the reminder of what I have.

Moutaineer

Postby Moutaineer » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:53 pm

A week like this last one in the rest of the world makes me acutely aware of how fortunate I am.

And I just finally got my winter hay in the barn between snowstorms, so I am even more thankful right now!

Tabby
Herd Member

Postby Tabby » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:18 am

Thanks Boots. I was in the process of heading into a selfish pity party over having to go out tomorrow night. I realize I am so lucky to have a place to go on a Saturday night. I've been looking at it all wrong. Thanks again.

periastra
Novice

Postby periastra » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:22 pm

Thanks for the reminder. I am so grateful to have the life I live. I am blessed with love and security. I wish I could give the same to everyone who lacks it.

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”