Got my second jab today

Sue B
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Re: Got my second jab today

Postby Sue B » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:11 pm

I got my 2nd Moderna shot Wednesday, felt extremely achy and migrainy yesterday, but I feel basically fine today , just tired. So not bad at all. My arm is still sore and swollen at the injection site, but I expect that will resolve quickly. My DH had his shot yesterday and says he's "fine"

acheyarcher
Herd Member

Postby acheyarcher » Sat May 01, 2021 2:12 pm

SueB it was very brave of you to schedule so you and your partner were on vaccine reaction watch at the same time. ;-) Hope you feel fine and can enjoy the weekend.

khall
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby khall » Sun May 02, 2021 2:33 pm

My mom ended up with a vaccine injury. Not from the vaccine components but from the injection itself. She had arm pain pretty much from right after the second jab end of February to last week. The ortho initially thought it was bursitis so injected steroids and gave her steroid pack. Did not help at all. So MRI week before last to check rotator cuff etc. all clear. But inflammation upper arm determined that the vaccine more than likely infiltrated into the nerve that runs there setting up neuropathy. He put her on gabapentin and it has made all the difference in the world thank goodness. Starts some PT next week but at least the gabapentin is giving her relief now

Another friend of mine second jab has led to vertigo. She’s struggling with it.

Still better than dealing with covid!

texsuze
500 post plus club

Postby texsuze » Tue May 11, 2021 4:10 pm

DH just phoned to say he got the J&J/J single shot vaccine at the same pharmacy where I got mine 12 days ago (BTW, no ill effects so far). Pharmacist used good injection technique by gently massaging the muscle right after injection to hopefully disperse the 'juice', creating less sensitivity. DH said she was better than most of the nurses he's worked with :)

Glad that's over for now. We shall see....

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”