Dressage today on demand, ridely app, others?

blob
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Dressage today on demand, ridely app, others?

Postby blob » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:00 pm

I've been thinking about boosting my learning during the winter months when weather, travel, holidays, etc can make actual saddle time a bit harder. So, I've been debating one of the services that has a large collection of videos, such as Dressage Today On Demand or the Ridely App's pro-service.

Has anyone used one of these? Was it worth the money? How often were new videos posted? Or are there other programs or platforms folks have used that they have enjoyed?

piedmontfields

Re: Dressage today on demand, ridely app, others?

Postby piedmontfields » Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:52 pm

I've used the DT video service. There are some gems in there but it is a bit hit and miss.But I do think it is pretty good value if you dig in and watch a lot of hours.

As you may remember, I really like JJ Tate (based in Landrum and Wellington). She has her own video program/series and it really works for me. Shorter, focused videos (10-20 minutes), lectures/chat sessions, and a chat group. See https://www.teamtateacademy.com

khall

Postby khall » Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:36 pm

I don’t know much about JJTate. I’m a subscriber to Karen Rohlf. I’ve worked with her some and just think that she is an out of the box trainer and a lovely rider. She has a video classroom that is pretty inexpensive monthly membership as well as several on line training programs that are of varying costs. I just do the video classroom be because I’m such a visual learner.

The Valenca’s also have an on line training program and they share videos often on their FB page.

Ryeissa

Postby Ryeissa » Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:53 pm

it was just ok. The lessons were quite generic but not bad. some got a little too deep in the neck for my liking. But it's worth a try. I'm at the point where I've seen a billion lessons and clinics so I guess i just need "more" not just "outside rein, inside leg". I realized also I'm not really a visual learner, so if you are it might be a totally different experience. I'm visual as far as anatomy/diagrams for dressage but not when I watch others riding.
Give it a try though, and let us know if you like it. Maybe they have improved?

Lipsmackerpony88

Postby Lipsmackerpony88 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:13 pm

I'm thinking of joining ride IQ. Not as many videos but basically audio lessons. Just something to keep me on track in between lessons.

But I am a very visual learner so I've thought about J.J. Tate's or Karen Rohlf's. Does anyone have a ballpark price range for a basic membership? Ride IQ is $30 from what I've seen.

blob

Postby blob » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:25 pm

Lipsmackerpony88 wrote:I'm thinking of joining ride IQ. Not as many videos but basically audio lessons. Just something to keep me on track in between lessons.

But I am a very visual learner so I've thought about J.J. Tate's or Karen Rohlf's. Does anyone have a ballpark price range for a basic membership? Ride IQ is $30 from what I've seen.

I think DT on demand is about 30 also. Ridely is less--$16 a month. I don't know about the others.

My worry about Tate or Rohlf is that i'm subscribing to just one person's system that may or may not be my style. So I was originally thinking about a place that would give me options.

piedmontfields

Postby piedmontfields » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:11 am

Totally get not wanting to subscribe to something not really your approach.

FYI: There are lots of short clips of JJ's videos on her Team Tate TV Facebook group---that is probably the easiest way to browse and get a feel of her approach. A new video preview is posted each week. She also has options for buying just a short series or topical area, instead of full course access (I do the full course access and find it worth it, since I don't have other regular instruction).

I've also checked out Karen R. It is very different from something like JJ, but certainly has value too. I just did a short series with her to explore the approach.

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”