Spring Spa Season

piedmontfields
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Spring Spa Season

Postby piedmontfields » Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:10 pm

For those entering mud season, I thought you'd enjoy this series of Emi in the "spa" after a workout!

Emi in the spa.jpg
Emi in the spa.jpg (141.13 KiB) Viewed 1115 times

StraightForward

Re: Spring Spa Season

Postby StraightForward » Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:27 pm

She does not look impressed :lol:

We are still a little too cold here for anything but washing tails and some spot cleanups. I've been very glad this winter to have the vacuum Kyra's mom generously passed on to me. Tesla gets dandruffy and itchy, and loves a good vac!
Keep calm and canter on.

Moutaineer

Postby Moutaineer » Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:32 am

"Moooom!!!!" :)

I'm just dying to wash Potters' tail, but its too cold yet. Shedding like crazy, though.

He loves the vacuum, fortunately, as he also likes upending himself in mud.

Kyras_Mom
Herd Member

Postby Kyras_Mom » Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:27 am

I won't tell you what Kyra looked like today. And I didn't even try to clean off the tack non-contact areas. We are the same as Mountaineer. Still a bit cold. We only have an outdoor wash pad and cold water. Kyra's tail has been in a bag all winter but it is still gross and smelly so with next weeks near 70 degree days, I will get her tail washed. I can see that at this barn, she will be getting more bathing...at least spot bathing in the warmer months. At the old barn, she had plenty of room to lay down without laying in a pee puddle or a poop pile. Kind of hard to do with a stall and much smaller run. She seems to seek out a fresh poop pile to use a pillow :P .

Ms. Emi looks thrilled for spa day (not?).

Susan

PaulaO

Postby PaulaO » Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:42 am

Today was 41F and raining. Miss A has a few spots of fungus crud from the winter long blanket so hopefully tomorrow I can do a spot wash with The Blue Stuff. She will undoubtedly roll in the mud before I get there….

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”