Having 3 dogs is like having 2 toddlers

Sue B
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Having 3 dogs is like having 2 toddlers

Postby Sue B » Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:06 pm

SO, this morning it took me like 20 minutes to actually pull out of my driveway thanks to our 3 dogs who go to work with me every day.

1. Open front door, let dogs out while I heat my coffee
2. Hear little dog take off barking (probably chasing neighbor's big dog with whom he's besties
3. Open back door, big dogs hop in while I call for little dog, leave door open
4. Go back inside, grab purse and coffee
5. Come back out, all 3 dogs in car, yea!
6. Close door, set coffee cup in holder, try to start car...
7. No fob :evil: Go back inside to look for fob
8. Ascertain fob is NOT in house, come back out and find fob in neighbor's grass 100' or so away. Clearly little dog thought that would be hilarious :evil:
9. Jump back in car, find coffee half gone...the lab is smiling, little dog is laughing, medium dog is wondering why we haven't left yet :lol:
10. Go back in, fob in-hand so I don't get locked out of my car (another long story), get new cup of coffee and finally head out!

Not just horses are goofy in this chilly weather!

khall

Re: Having 3 dogs is like having 2 toddlers

Postby khall » Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:49 pm

SueB love it!! Dogs are good at making us laugh

exvet

Postby exvet » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:09 pm

Um yeah, I used to take my JRTs to work with me every day but I'm down to one JRT and where I work I'm not allowed to bring the dogs on a daily basis. However, I do so agree with you. My 3, the ancient JRT (hard of hearing and poor eyesight) and the 2 Spanish water dogs are most definitely like have a daycare in the house/backyard especially when it comes to picking up toys, finding new landscaping designs, picking up their clothes they shed here and there .......and then there's always the 'special' one, Walter.

As I posted in the other thread(s) I was busy showing this weekend but it was also Easter. Saturday after my tests I rushed home to bake desserts for Sunday dinner as we were having 10 coming for the holiday. I bake two desserts which after unloading Junior, cleaning and repacking what I needed for Sunday, got me to 11 pm. At that time I had one dessert safely in the fridge where it needed to 'chill' and the other had just come out of the oven so I had it on a cooling rack in the middle of our rather large island in the kitchen. The dogs were outside with my SO on the patio (where he has his cigar and scotch every night). I let him know the status of the desserts and crashed in bed. I'm woken about 2 hours later by the confession that the dogs were let in and before my SO could get to the cake that had cooled enough to be put in the fridge as well, Walter had counter-surfed and brought the cake down so all 3 little cherubs could dig in. I informed my SO that the cake did NOT contain anything toxic to dogs but Walter did have something to fear from me.......................needless to say I went and rode my test Sunday morning, stopped with trailer and horse at the grocery store on the way home, restocked on my supplies and promptly made another dessert which made it to the dinner table without the assistance or supervision from the dogs. My guests were very amused as to the accomplishments of Walter et al.

Lipsmackerpony88

Postby Lipsmackerpony88 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:58 pm

Thanks for the laugh! I only have two and I still feel this way...

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”