Re: Tell us about YOU.

Postby Ryeissa » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:04 pm

freedom who were you on UDBB? welcome!

viscountessleftfield
Herd Member

Postby viscountessleftfield » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:14 am

I was stefffic on the UDBB.

I still have Star, though she's fully retired due to my dysatunomia. My life has taken some turns this year I never saw coming and I can't ride, I can't run, and my quality of life has taken some serious hits. We're down to three kitties, we lost Viscount Leftfield three years ago yesterday to old age, Pawkie to an oral cancer, Tiny Tim to Lung Cancer, and Fruit Snack to a brain tumor. Our house is peaceful with three neutered male cats who all get along, can all see, hear, and aren't inherently evil like Tim was (she was my heart cat, but good god was she a handful).

I have a wonderful two and a half year old son who's amazing and fun. I just closed my business as a wedding photographer and went back in to insurance. I'm unable to stand for long periods of time, walk a lot, or do much physical activity. I officially start my job on Wednesday.

KathyK
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby KathyK » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:34 am

You've really been through the wringer, Steffi. I hope 2019 is much better for you.

viscountessleftfield
Herd Member

Postby viscountessleftfield » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:27 am

KathyK wrote:You've really been through the wringer, Steffi. I hope 2019 is much better for you.

Me too. I also separated from John around Christmas and moved back in with my parents. 2019 has got to be better one way or another!

4Horse
Greenie

Postby 4Horse » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:10 pm

Just migrated over from the other board (COTH, was js on there and formerly of the UDBB, was js there too), been having issues with unapproved posts for over a year and they can't manage to fix it. It keeps getting worse, I'm tired of it so found this board. I recognize a lot of names here!

Chancellor
Site Admin

Postby Chancellor » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:24 pm

viscountessleftfield wrote:
KathyK wrote:You've really been through the wringer, Steffi. I hope 2019 is much better for you.

Me too. I also separated from John around Christmas and moved back in with my parents. 2019 has got to be better one way or another!

Steffi, I feel your pain. I left a long standing boyfriend who nearly bankrupted me (well, I should say I let nearly bankrupt me) to move back in with my parents. That was tough. But so worth it.

Drugoon
Greenie

Postby Drugoon » Tue May 07, 2019 8:57 am

My real name in Stephen, I live in this French Riviera property, like enjoying my time with family and friends, fishing from a boat, cooking and travelling when I have such opportunity.

AchtungBaby
Greenie

Postby AchtungBaby » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:05 am

I was AchtungBaby on UDBB (not sure if anyone would remember anyway!) :)

I have loved horses since I can remember. Many of my life's biggest decisions have been influenced by this fact. I would give my right arm to be able to ride at the GP level, but alas, I've accepted that it will never happen. Family responsibilities, limited funds and of course lack of talent have kept me from that dream.

I grew up riding hunters, and discovered dressage about 12 years ago. I was fortunate to be able to lease a GP schoolmaster for a couple of years. I learned so much, and was able to ride a respectable PSG and dabble with the GP movements. Unfortunately he passed away suddenly and I was devastated.

I've now started over in my dressage journey in an unorthodox way. I bought a young Haflinger gelding last year. I have loved the breed since I was a child and want to be an ambassador for them. I'm challenging myself to bring him up the levels, and also hoping that he will be that horse that anyone can ride, you can take anywhere and do anything with. So far he has surpassed my expectations!

I actually just discovered Definitely Dressage today, and I see so many usernames I recognize from UDBB! It's a blast from the past!! So interested to find out what everyone has been up to! I promise I will not stir up trouble. :lol:

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:30 am

AchtungBaby wrote:I was AchtungBaby on UDBB (not sure if anyone would remember anyway!) :)

I have loved horses since I can remember. Many of my life's biggest decisions have been influenced by this fact. I would give my right arm to be able to ride at the GP level, but alas, I've accepted that it will never happen. Family responsibilities, limited funds and of course lack of talent have kept me from that dream.

I grew up riding hunters, and discovered dressage about 12 years ago. I was fortunate to be able to lease a GP schoolmaster for a couple of years. I learned so much, and was able to ride a respectable PSG and dabble with the GP movements. Unfortunately he passed away suddenly and I was devastated.

I've now started over in my dressage journey in an unorthodox way. I bought a young Haflinger gelding last year. I have loved the breed since I was a child and want to be an ambassador for them. I'm challenging myself to bring him up the levels, and also hoping that he will be that horse that anyone can ride, you can take anywhere and do anything with. So far he has surpassed my expectations!

I actually just discovered Definitely Dressage today, and I see so many usernames I recognize from UDBB! It's a blast from the past!! So interested to find out what everyone has been up to! I promise I will not stir up trouble. :lol:

When you said it was your first post on the canter thread , I thought " it cant be that name is familiar"

Hello again

Linden
Herd Member

Postby Linden » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:21 am

My name on the UDBB was 'westcoastdressager'and on TOB it's GucciCowgirl. I have been around for quite a few years. I started riding when I was 12 years old, in exchange for cleaning stalls on the weekends. It just so happened that the stable I started working/riding at was owned by one of the Canadian Team riders, and eventually I worked my way up to be her working student. I rode her retired competition horses and learned so much just being able to sit on them. I have never paid for a lesson in my entire life - and I never had my own horse until 2 years ago, when my parents passed away and I inherited some money. My 6 yr old Hanoverian is super special to me as he is my first horse, and I intend to take him all the way up through the levels.

He's by Conteur x Wolkentanz II x Alabaster/Bolero. 18.2 hh and the sweetest big guy ever. I used to teach and train full time - but now I have backed off and only teach myself.I still have a huge passion for bringing young horses up the levels and am getting back into it pretty quick here. I took time off when my parents passed away, I just emotionally didnt have the strength and positive attitude needed for training young horses. Im starting to feel better now though.
"Fix things going forward." LR

Knights Mom
Greenie

Postby Knights Mom » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:20 am

Hi. New here. Sort of. An oldie but a goodie maybe?

Chancellor
Site Admin

Postby Chancellor » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:13 pm

Hey, welcome Knight's Mom!

Koolkat
500 post plus club

Postby Koolkat » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:56 pm

Cookie wrote:I was LaurieB on UDBB.

Mid 40's veterinarian (small animal). From Maine but live in Columbus, OH.

Rode somewhat seriously as a kid. Had many years out of the saddle, and began riding again in 2004-ish?

Have had my pony for almost 10 years.
Dimitri.jpg

I still suck at riding but am getting better. :lol: :mrgreen:

RIP, LaurieB. It has been reported on FB that LaurieB has passed from breast cancer.

piaffe at x
Greenie

Postby piaffe at x » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:49 pm

I've just read all of these intros/updates. I was very sad to learn that LaurieB passed away. It seems that many of us have had glorious "ups" and some devastating "downs", but we're all still here, one foot in front of the other. Sometimes at a run, sometimes at a walk, and sometimes at a waddle, but always moving forward. :)

I'd love to hear from more of you and get updates from everyone. Now that I found you, I'm going to bug you. LOL

Rockabilly
Herd Member

Postby Rockabilly » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:55 pm

piaffe at x wrote:I've just read all of these intros/updates. I was very sad to learn that LaurieB passed away. It seems that many of us have had glorious "ups" and some devastating "downs", but we're all still here, one foot in front of the other. Sometimes at a run, sometimes at a walk, and sometimes at a waddle, but always moving forward. :)

I'd love to hear from more of you and get updates from everyone. Now that I found you, I'm going to bug you. LOL

Oh, not always moving forward. Sometimes you fall flat on your face.

KathyK

Postby KathyK » Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:28 am

Rockabilly wrote:
piaffe at x wrote:I've just read all of these intros/updates. I was very sad to learn that LaurieB passed away. It seems that many of us have had glorious "ups" and some devastating "downs", but we're all still here, one foot in front of the other. Sometimes at a run, sometimes at a walk, and sometimes at a waddle, but always moving forward. :)

Oh, not always moving forward. Sometimes you fall flat on your face.

If this isn't enough to bring you to tears, I don't know what is. RIP Rockabilly.

Starrynight0000
Greenie

Postby Starrynight0000 » Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:13 am

Hello Everyone!
I have two young Fell ponies and a Friesian. We live outside of Nashville, TN. I grew up riding hunters, but have evented, driven, and even had a neat little reining horse for a bit. My two youngsters have just been started under saddle. I would love to show them and do combined driving with them. My Friesian is semi-retired. He had been imported from the Netherlands and has been a carriage horse most of his life. He has been a great teacher for my hubbie who had very little horse exposure prior to meeting me.

I am a critical care nurse, in the United States Army and will be retiring this year. I may still work part time, but not sure yet! I love being able to be home and play with ponies all day. I also have bantam cochins and 4 rescue dogs.

goldhorse
Herd Member

Postby goldhorse » Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:09 am

Welcome Starrynight. I hope you enjoy it here.

Starrynight0000
Greenie

Postby Starrynight0000 » Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:23 am

Thank you, Goldhorse. It is good to see familiar names! I was Sugarvfk on the UDBB.

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:03 pm

Starrynight0000 wrote:Hello Everyone!
I have two young Fell ponies and a Friesian. We live outside of Nashville, TN. I grew up riding hunters, but have evented, driven, and even had a neat little reining horse for a bit. My two youngsters have just been started under saddle. I would love to show them and do combined driving with them. My Friesian is semi-retired. He had been imported from the Netherlands and has been a carriage horse most of his life. He has been a great teacher for my hubbie who had very little horse exposure prior to meeting me.

I am a critical care nurse, in the United States Army and will be retiring this year. I may still work part time, but not sure yet! I love being able to be home and play with ponies all day. I also have bantam cochins and 4 rescue dogs.

Welcome. I am thinking of taking up driving. I am not sure though. I always felt like if I was going to be with a difficult horse I'd rather be in it than behind it.

I love bantams but mine are silkies and a couple of polish.

FlyingLily
Novice

Postby FlyingLily » Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:17 am

I had a couple of different screen names on UDBB, due to forgetting passwords. FlyingLily was the dam of my first horse, an OTTB who was 5 years old and green as grass when I got him, and we scared each other for a number of years until he passed from strangles. I'm not sure whether this thread is active now; the last post was from 2015. I still miss the comradeship of UDBB. Have spent time on COTH forums but they are not quite the same. Hoping this is an appropriate post.

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:04 pm

FlyingLily wrote:I had a couple of different screen names on UDBB, due to forgetting passwords. FlyingLily was the dam of my first horse, an OTTB who was 5 years old and green as grass when I got him, and we scared each other for a number of years until he passed from strangles. I'm not sure whether this thread is active now; the last post was from 2015. I still miss the comradeship of UDBB. Have spent time on COTH forums but they are not quite the same. Hoping this is an appropriate post.

Hello flying lily. Possibly the most active post is the training one where we talk about our day to day goals and training. Each day when I come to ddbb i search the new posts and active topics so that I DO not miss anything on some of the more quiet forums. I remember your name from past times but I don't think I recall much more. Welcome and Join in.

texsuze
500 post plus club

Postby texsuze » Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:15 pm

Hello, FlyingLily, welcome back.
Weren't you a new arrival to TX a few years back? I could be wrong. I remember meeting for dinner in San Antonio with "Falling Waters" and someone else; thought it could've been you...

demi

Postby demi » Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:16 pm

Welcome back FlyingLily. I hope to see you in the training forum.

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”