I just heard that George Clayton Johnson is in hospice

horsepepsi
Greenie

I just heard that George Clayton Johnson is in hospice

Postby horsepepsi » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:03 pm

I should say that I've known George since oh 77 or so. So yea quite a while.
Last night/ this morning I received a PM on fb from a mutual friend that he is in hospice and isn't expected to live for very long. She said he has cancer she didn't say what kind.
He is the co-author of the book ' Logan's Run ', he wrote ' ocean's eleven ' and a part in the twilight zone movie. at least one episode of the series twilight zone, star trek, and some others that I can't remember.
He reminds me of a good old hippie and had no problem smoking pot and tobacco and I'm sure other stuff. But he had a mind like a trap.

I remember be met my younger brother about 2/3 Months before his mmm it his 8th bday. He said he would call him on his bday during his party. We thought yea right someone who is on the convention circuit who meets 100's of people a day and is in the process of writing a script for a network is really going to remember what he said to a kid. His birthday came and he had told am his friends that George was going to call during the party. It came to the cake time and the phone rang. And lo and behold it was George , he had remembered. He had not called my parents before hand to confirm he just remembered.

I saw him again after dh and I got married and he asked how my brother was and were he was, and how could be get in touch with him etc. It was close to his bday. So I told him. And he called him at the Citadel after his classes ere done. He didn't ask when my brothers bday was.

horsepepsi
Greenie

Re: I just heard that George Clayton Johnson is in hospice

Postby horsepepsi » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:08 am

Update at 9:30pm et last night he died. With family by his side.

AnnCohrs
Greenie

Postby AnnCohrs » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:07 am

He was much loved by people in the Science Fiction community. I've been seeing remembrances of him all day.

SandTikiFire
Greenie

Postby SandTikiFire » Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:28 pm

SOOO sad - loved his work :(

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”