Happy Birthday to All

Suzon
Herd Member

Happy Birthday to All

Postby Suzon » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:18 pm

Today is my grandmother's birthday. She would have been 105 if she hadn't passed away ten years ago. She always complained she never got a birthday because growing up in a practical farming family, it just made "sense" to give her a "christmas/birthday" present and call it good. Her brother and sister both got to have birthday celebrations because they were born at different times of year.

So to anyone having a birthday in the next couple days, Happy Birthday. To mark the occasion, here's a horse with some jingle bells. :lol:

KathyK
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Re: Happy Birthday to All

Postby KathyK » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:10 pm

My mother's 96th birthday was yesterday. My father's birthday was Christmas day. It didn't make much difference to them because they were raised in Jewish homes. I can sure see, though, how it would be pretty bad for Christmas-celebrating kids born at Christmas time.

AnnCohrs
Greenie

Postby AnnCohrs » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:04 am

My first grandchild will be born in the next few days. I will encourage a June half-birthday celebration, so she feels more birthday'd

carpevita
Herd Member

Postby carpevita » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:47 pm

My mom would have been 87 on monday. She was a child of the depression in the bronx and would get one glove for her bday and one for christmas, same with socks and shoes.
So i join you in toasting those with birthdays during the holidays!

boots-aregard
Herd Member

Postby boots-aregard » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:54 pm

Two of my sisters are Xmas-close babies. Seems unfair.

We used to do summer birthdays for our February child, because there were more fun outdoors things you could reliably do at a birthday party in summer than in February.

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”