Best elliptical machine?

Alex
Herd Member

Best elliptical machine?

Postby Alex » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:45 am

I'm in the late stages of winter blahs. Not enough exercise even w/the dogs and horses. I'm looking at ellipticals to exercise while watching movies. Save me from the bon bona that go right to the bun buns!

periastra
Novice

Re: Best elliptical machine?

Postby periastra » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:12 pm

DH got me a ProForm elliptical for Christmas per my request. It was on sale for less than $400.00. It is set up for iFit and google maps. I haven't done that with it. I watch you tube vids on my phone while I work out. I like it very much. It's comfortable and fits me well. There were very high tech expensive ones that were over $1000.00 at the sporting goods store. I suggest you go to the store and try out a few. I hope you find one you like.

boots-aregard
Herd Member

Postby boots-aregard » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:53 am

We got an Octane off Craigslist for $350. Gym quality machine.

StraightForward
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby StraightForward » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:13 pm

Well, since you said Best, I will say Precor. They are pricey but you could probably find one used. My roommate in college bought one and proceeded to use it as a $3,000 coat rack, but I used it occasionally, and of all the ellipticals I've been on, that one still has the most natural-feeling stride to me.
Keep calm and canter on.

Idofly
Greenie

Postby Idofly » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:24 am

ProForm for us...Bro has an Octane that is nice but it takes up a huge amount of space and takes 3 people to move.

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”