Bread machines?

texsuze
500 post plus club

Bread machines?

Postby texsuze » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:13 pm

This topic might have been covered on The Other BB, but I'm asking again. I don't do "homemade" bread, so I'm wanting a machine that can handle it all ;) Any recommendations? Something that I can put ingredients into, all at once, push a button, and have an edible loaf of bread at the end of it all. It has been many years since I had a bread machine. DH eats lots of bread...... :)

Rockabilly
Herd Member

Re: Bread machines?

Postby Rockabilly » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:44 pm

Oh, it would definitely be the "ZO" or zorushi (can not spell it). It really is the best bread machine ever. I am using a ZO that I purchased about 25 years ago and it is still going well. Personally I don't like bread baked in a breadmaker so I just use mine to make the dough. It does a mighty fine job of that. The ZO I have is not the shape of the current bread machine. The newest style makes the oblong bread people are more used too. The bread machine does knead the dough so much better than a person's own hands would like back in the olden days.

stella
Novice

Postby stella » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:58 pm

I did not like my Zojiruchi and sold it on Craigslist for almost as much as I paid for it. I like the basic cheap oster. Less than 50 bucks and worked until I decided to upgrade.

Suzon
Herd Member

Postby Suzon » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:34 am

If somebody wants it, they can have the one in my cupboard. I can no longer have a lot of bread, so it's going to waste under there.

texsuze
500 post plus club

Postby texsuze » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:32 pm

Suzon, maybe we could work a swap! Look under my classified ad for tack and see if there is something(s) there you'd like in exchange for your (presumably working-in-good-order) bread machine! If so, PM me :)

Suzon
Herd Member

Postby Suzon » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:05 am

It would probably be a bundle to ship from California to Texas

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”