Rehabbing the mild stifle strain

Anne
Herd Member

Re: Rehabbing the mild stifle strain

Postby Anne » Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:35 am

LSP, thanks for the videos, I always enjoy seeing people's horses. As for Blob, I wouldn't have guessed any stifle issues, he looks just a tad 'stickier' to the right, but really very nice in both directions for a greenie. How exciting that you'll have him so close by, and can get on with working him yourself. Keep us posted!

Lipsmackerpony88
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby Lipsmackerpony88 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:09 am

Anne wrote:LSP, thanks for the videos, I always enjoy seeing people's horses. As for Blob, I wouldn't have guessed any stifle issues, he looks just a tad 'stickier' to the right, but really very nice in both directions for a greenie. How exciting that you'll have him so close by, and can get on with working him yourself. Keep us posted!

I love seeing video of others too :) now I just need to see if I can ride him as well as the trainer does!
And thank you. I'm glad it's not super noticeable. I guess that means the PRP is doing its job.

I'm so excited to get him close to me and continue on our path :)

Ryeissa

Postby Ryeissa » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:16 pm

He sure is a pretty boy! He looks stronger already! nice work

Lipsmackerpony88

Postby Lipsmackerpony88 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:37 am

Ryeissa yeah I'm pretty happy with the progress, especially with how things started in June.

He's as sweet as he is pretty :) thank you.

Lipsmackerpony88

Postby Lipsmackerpony88 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:19 pm

So he had a massage and magnawave today. He was a bit of a pill for it. Typical wiggky 4-year-old but also got a little more pushy so I'm going to be focusing on the ground manners this week!!

He has some pretty good knots on his right shoulder. I can feel them as well. He was definitely tighter in the shoulder area and on his right side of his neck. There's more work to do there so she's coming back in 2 weeks.

Although this makes me even more weary of the saddle shopping saga. I hope I can get the saddle fitter out because I don't want to just buy something and have it not fit and cause any more issues.

Poor guy!

Return to “Veterinary, Nutrition, Grooming & Farrier Questions”