Saddle jingles, please

piedmontfields
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Saddle jingles, please

Postby piedmontfields » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:32 am

My very comfortable Sankey saddle appears to be giving up the ghost (noisy! tree intact...but something is wrong. I may be able to repair it, but need something else now.). This is a bummer because it fits my mare beautifully.

History: I have never tried to really get what I want in a saddle---I've always dealt with the horse first and then lived with the saddle they like.

Now: I have a more appropriate saddle for me on the way....I've tried it statically on my horse before and it seemed good, but please wish us luck in the next week! And if you could wish us magical new saddle/new seat vibes, I'll take that too :-)

heddylamar

Re: Saddle jingles, please

Postby heddylamar » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:43 am

Good luck!

I need to start the fitting process for a new jumping saddle. I've put it off for a year. That's not helping either of us!

blob

Postby blob » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:43 am

All the luck and jingles!

I'm in the middle of saddle shopping and it can definitely be a frustrating process.

But you can also get really lucky!

piedmontfields

Postby piedmontfields » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:48 pm

Blob, you tell me about yours and I'll tell you about mine!

piedmontfields

Postby piedmontfields » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:50 am

Well, the first ride was pretty good. I'm going to try it a few more times before welcoming it as a permanent member of Emi's tack. Just dodging work and weather to get that done!

blob

Postby blob » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:30 pm

That's great news! What saddle is it?

I've one on the way, arriving in July. It's making me anxious because I don't know if I'll like it

piedmontfields

Postby piedmontfields » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:24 pm

It's a Trilogy Debbie McDonald. It really is sized for a shorter-legged person like me :-) (even though I'm 5'6")

blob

Postby blob » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:55 pm

piedmontfields wrote:It's a Trilogy Debbie McDonald. It really is sized for a shorter-legged person like me :-) (even though I'm 5'6")

I've never sat in one, but I know some people adore them. I also struggle with finding a saddle that doesn't have flaps down to my ankles!

I've tried 10 saddles in the past couple months. Some have worked for me, not my horse. Others have worked for the horse, but not for me. The saddle I"m waiting on his hopefully a compromise saddle. Great for the horse, ok for me.

StraightForward

Postby StraightForward » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:09 pm

piedmontfields wrote:It's a Trilogy Debbie McDonald. It really is sized for a shorter-legged person like me :-) (even though I'm 5'6")

Funny story - friend at the barn was borrowing a Trilogy, and gave me brief instructions on riding her horse. I showed up two days later to ride, and the only Trilogy in the tack room is the one that belongs to a different boarder, and is probably a 17". I thought it was odd that she hadn't just told me she was using C's saddle, but there weren't any other possibilities there, so I lobbed it on the horse, had an excruciating ride :shock: (I'm 5'9" loooong femurs, usually ride an 18"). Then later that night friend texted me that the saddle she'd been borrowing might have been picked up by the owner. She's about the same size as me, so I was wondering HTF she was riding in that thing. Argh. I was relieved to get permission to use my own saddle the next day. But yes, C loves her Trilogy, and laughed when I told her the story about how I accidentally rode in it.

Hope yours continues to work well for you!
Keep calm and canter on.

piedmontfields

Postby piedmontfields » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:15 pm

SF that must have been one uncomfortable ride! Yes, the one bummer with getting a saddle good for me is that it is less good for some of the students who help me when I am out of town (they tend to be tall and willowy).

Moutaineer

Postby Moutaineer » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:48 am

Interesting, isn't it? I ride in a Trilogy Amadeo--in fact, two of them, one for each horse, because it's apparently made specifically for someone precisely my shape and I haven't found anything I love nearly as much, and they fit my horses. But the Trilogy Verago just kills me in about 10 seconds and I'm too tall for the Debbie.

piedmontfields

Postby piedmontfields » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:29 pm

Huh, I hated the Verago, too. Good to know.

Return to “Tack, Apparel, Facilities and Transportation”