Dublin paddock boots

Melody
Novice

Dublin paddock boots

Postby Melody » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:56 pm

Does anyone know where these are made? Did the company recently sell or something? I have gone through at least three pair of the slip on ones and loved them. Went to get a new pair and had to send them back. A defect in the left footbed. A big lump that you could not smooth out. Well, the ones they finally sent to replace these (took this saddle shop forever), has an even bigger defect in the right footbed, all across where the ball of your foot is. This is nuts. I made the mistake of not shopping at a place that does free shipping back and forth too. I am scared to try Dublin again, use to wear Ariats but find they don't last like they use to and sizing has gotten weird. Not sure what brand to try next.

StraightForward
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Re: Dublin paddock boots

Postby StraightForward » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:46 am

I picked up a pair of men's Justin lacers in bullhide on eBay after my last pair of Ariats. They wear like iron and can be resoled. Also Blundstones, but they are a little bulky so I don't normally ride in them.
Keep calm and canter on.

orono
Herd Member

Postby orono » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:07 am

What size are you? I have a pair of brown dublins, size 9, zip front. I have 'thick' feet so it's hard to zip them up, I've hardly worn them. I can send them to you if that's your size.

Melody
Novice

Postby Melody » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:10 pm

I wear a 7. I think I am going to try another brand, after getting two pairs in a row with a bad defect I am afraid to try again.

Cymraes
Greenie

Postby Cymraes » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:58 am

Blundstones are now made in China instead of Australia and my last two pairs have been junk. I would not recommend trying them. They used to be great.

jeniferkey
Greenie

Postby jeniferkey » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:42 pm

My last pair of Blundstone's also fell apart. A friend's did, too. The soles just shredded apart.

Ryeissa
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby Ryeissa » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:22 pm

After giving up on Ariats I got both Saxon and Dublin. I like them both, not as tough as Ariats but very comfortable

Return to “Tack, Apparel, Facilities and Transportation”