Lemieux breeches or tights

piedmontfields
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Lemieux breeches or tights

Postby piedmontfields » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:22 am

See title. Has anyone bought either yet? What do you think?

I am being so good about not buying more breeches, but am tempted. How do they fit if you've tried them? (for reference, my favorite breeches are Pikeur Lugana's).

piedmontfields

Re: Lemieux breeches or tights

Postby piedmontfields » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:00 pm

Thanks to you lack of enabling, I have bought neither.

blob

Postby blob » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:16 pm

piedmontfields wrote:Thanks to you lack of enabling, I have bought neither.

LOL!

I can't speak for the brand, but i've found tights never really hold up well

heddylamar

Postby heddylamar » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:37 pm

Glad to help :P

I don’t know the brand, but I far prefer tights that fit like leggings. Breeches never seem to lay flat on my stomach, and no matter what rise I buy, the waist band hits around my ribs.

piedmontfields

Postby piedmontfields » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:10 am

Thanks for the help. I have tights that are over 10 years old (Kerrits and Ovation), so I do find that they hold up! That said, I probably wear breeches 2 or 3 times as often as tights. Yet, it is the humid mid-south where I live. Tights are good in the heat!

I am very long waisted. Tights are an opportunity for me to wear something that covers my belly button instead of areas much lower (breeches). My barn is not prissy, but as a 50 odd year old surrounded by lots of 20 yr olds into equestrian style, I try to keep it neat most days. Sometimes I just want to wear tights and a t-shirt and hack or gallop in the fields! I've learned that full seat tights are helpful on silly mare days.

blob

Postby blob » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:24 am

I'm not long-waisted, but I like my breeches high-waisted. If my pants are up under my ribs when I'm riding, I'm a pretty happy camper, even if i'm not a fashionable one.

I will say all the breeches I buy now are full seats. Though majority of the time I ride in walmart jeggings. Yes, don't fall off your chair. But I found that $12 walmart jeggings work as well for me as pretty much any tight I've ever worn (and come in pretty much every color of the rainbow). So I either go real cheap with those or go ahead and buy the full-seat breeches.

piedmontfields

Postby piedmontfields » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:31 am

Well, I will report back if I succumb. I'm going on a girlfriend trip this weekend (spas, workouts, restaurants and day-clothes shopping), so we'll see if I'm still up for opening the wallet afterwards lol.

p.s. My horsey connection would be that this is a dear non-horsey friend who has done Reiki on my horse---and my horse loved it!

Return to “Tack, Apparel, Facilities and Transportation”