Finding Tall Boots that Fit?

EquestrianKB
Greenie

Finding Tall Boots that Fit?

Postby EquestrianKB » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:04 pm

Hey everybody I’m a senior at college. I am working on a project for school and I need some insight from y’all in regards to finding tall boots for riding.

If you could please take a moment to answer the following questions, it would be greatly appreciated. Please feel free to answer here or via PM.

Have you ever had a hard time finding tall boots (dress or field) that fit?
When was the last time you searched for tall boots?
Please tell me about that time.
What emotions did you experience?
What solution(s) have you tried when looking for tall boots that fit?
What was not ideal about those solution(s)?

Thanks for your help!

MaryC
Novice

Re: Finding Tall Boots that Fit?

Postby MaryC » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:38 pm

Someone's gotta help you out!

I have a heck of a time finding tall boots that fit. I've got a very long leg with a very wide calf. I've found that boot manufacturers think that all tall people have skinny calves and only short people have wide calves. My solution is semi-custom where I can specify the height and width but they aren't custom fitted to my exact measurements. I've been happy with the results and it doesn't cost much more than off the shelf, and they're the brand I prefer anyway. I wouldn't say emotions factored in to the search except for exasperation - it didn't make me feel bad or embarrassed, just frustrated. Most manufacturers post their boot measurements online so it's easy to rule out the ones that don't work.

Abby Kogler
Herd Member

Re: Finding Tall Boots that Fit?

Postby Abby Kogler » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:45 am

Yes, my whole life.
2018 I bought my first pair ever of off the rack boots. I have always had to have custom boots.
I was at Mary's Tack and Feed and saw a brand of boot that looked really tall. I tried them on and they fit beautifully, as well as any custom boot I had ever had.
I was very happy >;>
Giving up and going or custom
A ton of money and not always a good result.

FWIW the new boots are EGO7 Aria and they are tall and slim and beautiful. And comfortable,

Return to “Tack, Apparel, Facilities and Transportation”