Saddle fitting

Hayburner
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Saddle fitting

Postby Hayburner » Thu May 23, 2019 1:13 am

In previous posts I have mentioned that I am very interested in the Schleese Obrigado for my PRE.

Someone mentioned that only Schleese fitters work on thief Saddles. Other fitters will not touch them.

Is this true?

I've also heard that you have to take your horse where they are doing a group of fittings.

I don't own a trailer so I would have to hire someone to get us to a fitting which isn't a huge deal, but I don't think it's worth the risk of potential injury to my horse just to get their brand of saddle. Then every time I wanted it checked I'd again have to have my horse hauled.

Why aren't they more accommodating? I'm willing pay extra for mileage to come to me.

Beorn
Herd Member

Re: Saddle fitting

Postby Beorn » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:39 pm

Any fitter with the appropriate equipment can adjust a Schleese saddle; however, it will void the warranty offered by Schleese.

Hayburner
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby Hayburner » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:34 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Do other manufacturers have this same policy?

I guess I will need to pass on the Obrigado since I won’t trailer to buy a saddle :!:

Beorn
Herd Member

Postby Beorn » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:37 pm

Hayburner wrote:Thanks for the reply.

Do other manufacturers have this same policy?

I guess I will need to pass on the Obrigado since I won’t trailer to buy a saddle :!:

I think Schleese's warranties are only for the original owners, and a $500 option for used saddles purchased through their fitters. I'm not sure about other manufacturers' warranties. The saddle fitters around me don't seem to mind working on Schleese saddles.

From what I've seen, the Schleese experience differs according to the rep/reps that you're dealing with. I've read here and on COTH of people who have had reps out for a small number of horses rather than a 'fitting clinic'. Have you reached out to your local rep to see how they do fittings? You might be close enough to a regular travel route or scheduled barn that they could fit you in.

Return to “Tack, Apparel, Facilities and Transportation”