Proposed dress rule changes!!

lorilu
Herd Member

Proposed dress rule changes!!

Postby lorilu » Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:45 pm

Dark Breeches!! USDF wants your feedback!! https://www.usdf.org/competitions/usefr ... pp8A9R2R8Q

Tanga
500 post plus club

Re: Proposed dress rule changes!!

Postby Tanga » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:36 am

Yes!!!!!! Nothing like white breeches to make us bigger, rounder people look bigger in the ring!

heddylamar
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby heddylamar » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:14 am

Vote a second time for me?! White britches make no sense around horses, dirt, and grass stains.

KathyK

Postby KathyK » Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:53 am

This rule change passed! It won't take effect until December 1, 2021.

"Breeches and Jodhpurs. White, light, or dark colored breeches or jodhpurs are permitted in competition. Bright colors
or patterns are not permitted. Contrast piping is allowed."
https://www.usef.org/forms-pubs/2O2-Diz ... y-board-of
(go to page 120 for the entire rule)

I have it on good authority (an Olympic-level TD) that maroon and RUST are okay. If you think your breeches might be too bright, take them to the show, find the TD, and ask. (Take an extra pair just in case.)

hoopoe
Herd Member

Postby hoopoe » Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:05 pm

Rust and very dark, hunter green jacket. Swoon

I may just have to return to riding.

Tanga
500 post plus club

Postby Tanga » Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:54 pm

I commented on this a long time ago. So glad it is taking effect. I own nothing white because I am a slob. The only issue is I don't want to waste all of the white breeches I bought. I am scheming on a way to dye them all dark gray or something.

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:26 am

Tanga wrote:I commented on this a long time ago. So glad it is taking effect. I own nothing white because I am a slob. The only issue is I don't want to waste all of the white breeches I bought. I am scheming on a way to dye them all dark gray or something.

let me know how that goes. won't you still need white for the FEI?

StraightForward

Postby StraightForward » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:39 am

Tanga wrote:I commented on this a long time ago. So glad it is taking effect. I own nothing white because I am a slob. The only issue is I don't want to waste all of the white breeches I bought. I am scheming on a way to dye them all dark gray or something.

I've been thinking that there might be some good clearance sales on white breeches in the near future. :lol: I dyed a couple pairs of white breeches with tan Rit dye a while ago. It was interesting because they turned out totally different colors, including the seats. One turned that unfortunate warmish beige that makes you look like you're wearing nothing at all. So yeah, gray might be a better plan.
Keep calm and canter on.

blob

Postby blob » Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:44 pm

white breeches are of course impractical. But I must admit that I do really like the look of white pants, white gloves. And since I already own white breeches I will probably stick with tradition. the time that I might deviate is when coats are waived. I love the look of a nice whit show shirt, but I hate looking like a solid white blob. So, I might keep the black & white classic look but do black breeches and a white shirt when it's too hot for coats.

exvet

Postby exvet » Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:11 pm

I too will likely stick with tradition at least for the short-term. I bought a new pair of white breeches last year; so, until all of mine are stained, worn out or just a bit too saggy (seems like mine all lose their shape) I'll use what I already have. I do think I'll need to purchase a new show jacket in a year or so due to the fact that I've been using one that is close to 32 years old and I think it's getting a little thread bear near/at the ends of the sleeves. It's also a good thing I have all bays (save the retired stinker pony) because I don't have to 'worry' about what looks good on who as long as it fits me ;) I absolutely hate buying clothes (can't you tell?) and now with choices........not sure if I'm glad about that or not (though I agree about the impractical nature of white around horses and that dark colors tend to hide more sins).

Tanga
500 post plus club

Postby Tanga » Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:46 pm

Chisamba wrote:

let me know how that goes. won't you still need white for the FEI?

Oh dear. I didn't think of that. But I'm assuming it only would apply to CDI's and FEI shows, so . . . ?

Tanga
500 post plus club

Postby Tanga » Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:48 pm

StraightForward wrote:

I've been thinking that there might be some good clearance sales on white breeches in the near future. :lol: I dyed a couple pairs of white breeches with tan Rit dye a while ago. It was interesting because they turned out totally different colors, including the seats. One turned that unfortunate warmish beige that makes you look like you're wearing nothing at all. So yeah, gray might be a better plan.

I know. Sigh. I have my multitude of white breeches from sales now. I dye a lot of this I wear because I AM such a slob. Tye dye can b a mute color, right? Hmm. I melange of mute colors?

StraightForward

Postby StraightForward » Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:01 pm

Tie dye schooling breeches would be fun! Maybe for older breeches that already have black stains, just a gray/black tie die.
Keep calm and canter on.

Tanga
500 post plus club

Postby Tanga » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:24 pm

StraightForward wrote:Tie dye schooling breeches would be fun! Maybe for older breeches that already have black stains, just a gray/black tie die.

Totally agree. I've actually already done it. :D I just want to show in them. I'll ask the TD and the judge this weekend about it. Subtle tye dying. :D

Moutaineer

Postby Moutaineer » Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:02 pm

StraightForward wrote:

I wish I were warm beige in the altogether... I'd need a sort of light greyish pink.

piedmontfields

Postby piedmontfields » Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:38 pm

When you have a grey (white) horse, white breeches only show off how well you've cleaned your breeches or your horse.

Cheers to this decision. That said, I love the look in FEI classes and am used to well-worn versions from the serious (and thin) eventers at my barn.

Ryeissa

Postby Ryeissa » Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:01 pm

I think this is awesome! I never liked white on my pinto since he always looks "cream" and its really hard to match ivory breeches (plus its so unflattering).

I hope there is more clarification about the colors involved. Ie- chocolate brown? I usually school in brown breeches. Examples of what is allowed and not allowed would be nice. I have a fear of picking the wrong color....

I like the idea of an emerald green jacket and brown breeches on my chestnut pinto, or maybe a pretty blue jacket. I like some contrast of the top and bottom (even in clinics).

StraightForward

Postby StraightForward » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:28 pm

Chocolate brown is fine. Anything that is not "bright" so you will have to leave your hot pink britches at home. ;) Green and brown would be pretty!
Keep calm and canter on.

Ryeissa

Postby Ryeissa » Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:30 pm

StraightForward wrote:Chocolate brown is fine. Anything that is not "bright" so you will have to leave your hot pink britches at home. ;) Green and brown would be pretty!

Great!

Return to “Tack, Apparel, Facilities and Transportation”