Sobridge crosby prix st george saddle?

Tanga
500 post plus club

Sobridge crosby prix st george saddle?

Postby Tanga » Mon May 10, 2021 8:28 pm

I have the old Albion I bought at a great price that I really like (though I think a slightly wide twist, I guess would suit me better) but I think it's a medium and that one of the girls cold use slightly wider.

I found a Sobridge Crosby prix st george for a good price on sale, probably $300-$325 with shipping. It's a medium wide and I'm waiting on a response to see if it has the flatter seat I much prefer. It looks in very good condition.

Any experience with these? Any feedback appreciated.

heddylamar
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Re: Sobridge crosby prix st george saddle?

Postby heddylamar » Tue May 11, 2021 1:34 am

Do you mean the sofride? Both my mom and aunt ride in older models. It's a very comfortable saddle, and works really well for both of them. Most are foam flocked, but some are wool flocked.

Tanga
500 post plus club

Postby Tanga » Tue May 11, 2021 5:12 pm

heddylamar wrote:Do you mean the sofride? Both my mom and aunt ride in older models. It's a very comfortable saddle, and works really well for both of them. Most are foam flocked, but some are wool flocked.

Yes, sorry! I saw some pictures and the seat is very deep, giving less room to sit, so I don't think it will work. I would get an 19" if I could find one. So I'm not taking the chance on getting a saddle that won't work, even at a great price. I did that once and it's still in the garage.

heddylamar
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby heddylamar » Tue May 11, 2021 6:12 pm

Yeah. It's deep. Between that and the stirrup bar placement, it doesn't work for me. But, neither my mom nor aunt are tall-ish with long legs.

Return to “Tack, Apparel, Facilities and Transportation”